• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Jump Start on Living Again

Cindy Thomas

I have been somewhat heavy my entire life, plenty of yo-yo dieting, but now at age 47, am feeling the toll its taken on my body and my health. Just starting the process for my surgery. The NP recommended Sleeve since GERD is not really an issue for me. Already making a lot of lifestyle changes so that maybe will not be so much of a shock. Nervous but excited. Family is supportive, my 15 yo son already setting challenge goals for competing with him with certain activities. Glad this group is here.

I have been somewhat heavy my entire life, plenty of yo-yo dieting, but now at age 47, am feeling the toll its taken on my body and my health. Just starting the process for my surgery. The NP recommended Sleeve since GERD is not really an issue for me. Already making a lot of lifestyle changes so that maybe will not be so much of a shock. Nervous but excited. Family is supportive, my 15 yo son already setting challenge goals for competing with him with certain activities. Glad this group is here.
Family support is the best... always there for you and wanting the best for you... Some people are not so lucky... It is nice to have this group of people here also, they are or have been through this to.... We learn from one another, and support them as they need it.... I always told people I taught the only dumb question is the one you don't ask..... we are here for you

It does seam to go quickly once you make up your mind to do it. Glad to see all the support the new people have. It's exciting and nervous at the same time. Try several different shakes so you have variety and know what they tast like before surgery. I like the unflavored protein in chicken broth.

Hi my name is Sue T
I am 5.5' tall (lost 3" since I was younger . I weigh 297# and am 69 years young . I won't meet my Dr. Until the 23rd of Aug. I really hope everything goes quickly, I know it is not easy but for me it will lengthen my life. I haven't cared much about living until I remembered the Gastric Bypass surgery I read about in school. I am so grateful for the support from my family practice Dr and my behavior health Dr. They make me feel so positive and strong. I haven't felt like living for years but now I am ready to move forward and to become someone I like....alive and healthy!

Hi my name is Sue T
I am 5.5' tall (lost 3" since I was younger . I weigh 297# and am 69 years young . I won't meet my Dr. Until the 23rd of Aug. I really hope everything goes quickly, I know it is not easy but for me it will lengthen my life. I haven't cared much about living until I remembered the Gastric Bypass surgery I read about in school. I am so grateful for the support from my family practice Dr and my behavior health Dr. They make me feel so positive and strong. I haven't felt like living for years but now I am ready to move forward and to become someone I like....alive and healthy!
Your new life is just beginning, good luck on you journey, it will all be worth it in the end

Hi my name is Sue T
Hi Sue. This is going to be the best decision of your life. I am so glad I finally had insurance that paid for it as I had wanted to do it for years. Welcome to the group! :)

Back