• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

june 12 is here. please pray for me

I have surgery at 11:45. My dad is drving me to Charlotte. We leave at 6 in the morning to allow extra time for us to check in at 10. Pleases keep me in your thoughts. I wanted to eat so bad this evening. I am so tire now. Goodnight and goodluvk to everyone else

Our prayers are with you.

You will do fine. The first few weeks are the toughest for sure.

However, after that you will have a new life, a new lifestyle and a healthier future to look forward to.

Ralph

I have surgery at 11:45. My dad is drving me to Charlotte. We leave at 6 in the morning to allow extra time for us to check in at 10. Pleases keep me in your thoughts. I wanted to eat so bad this evening. I am so tire now. Goodnight and goodluvk to everyone else

Hi Reinventme!!!

So how did your surgery go?

How are you feeling?

As soon as you feel well enough, please keep us posted!

Cheyenne :cool:

I am back home. I did not get pain med filled until today. My forearms have hurt so badly. I dont think i needed as much heparin as they gave me since i take nsaids regularly my blood is already thin. I do have fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis but this pain in hands and arms is intense. Someone went after the pain med for me today. I dont know how people do it alone. I had to crush my pain pills and mix in a little crystal lite to swallow. It tasted awful and i almost threw it up. I wore one of the genie style bras so it would be comfortable and i wouldnt have to take it off for leak test. I had a pair of loose fitting danskin exercise shorts from walmart and bought a second pair . They worked out great at hospital. My drain ball went in one pocket and the wire box for the iv went in the other pocket. They explained to me about emptying my drain ball but didnt tell me to watch the bandage where the line came out. I felt wet and found it had leaked onto my shorts. So it was a good thing i bought the second pair. One to wash and one to wear. They are perfect for carrying my little egg drain. I lost 7 pounds during preop

I am back home. I did not get pain med filled until today. My forearms have hurt so badly. I dont think i needed as much heparin as they gave me since i take nsaids regularly my blood is already thin. I do have fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis but this pain in hands and arms is intense. Someone went after the pain med for me today. I dont know how people do it alone. I had to crush my pain pills and mix in a little crystal lite to swallow. It tasted awful and i almost threw it up. I wore one of the genie style bras so it would be comfortable and i wouldnt have to take it off for leak test. I had a pair of loose fitting danskin exercise shorts from walmart and bought a second pair . They worked out great at hospital. My drain ball went in one pocket and the wire box for the iv went in the other pocket. They explained to me about emptying my drain ball but didnt tell me to watch the bandage where the line came out. I felt wet and found it had leaked onto my shorts. So it was a good thing i bought the second pair. One to wash and one to wear. They are perfect for carrying my little egg drain. I lost 7 pounds during preop

Wish you the very best as you recover and adapt to your new way of life.

Ralph

Back