• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just Beginning....

I had my first appointment last week to begin my journey to weight loss surgery. I am ready. I have been fat since I was pregnant with my first child back when it was popular to "eat for two" and gained more with each child. I then ate for every stressful situation I encountered, now that they have left home I eat because I am bored. My husband is one of those people with a super high metabolism and scarfs food like he is starving which makes it hard for me to stick to a diet. We both realize we need to change our lifestyle as we have gotten older and I have his support but I told him this is my journey and I have to do it for myself. I want to be healthier and able to play with my grandkids. I miss being able to walk like I did before I gained all of this weight. I am so happy to have this group to share with as I go through this huge change in my life.

Back