• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

just got surgery date

I have been scheduled for August 5th for surgery! Am a bit nervous...

Everyone is nervous. It's the fear of the unknown. You will be fine. I found it much easier and less painfull than I expected. As long as you did your homework and found a great surgeon and hospital, then you will be in great hands.

Good Luck, :)

Cheyenne

Congrats Sweetpea,

Congrats on your surgery date. It is normal to be nervous. You will do great.

TillieS

thank you for the note of encouragement, its much appreciated. How are you doing with your post op? I see you had a sleeve done also. Was it painful? Are you throwing up, etc.?

Thank you, Im glad your surgery went well and the pain was less than expected. I worry about the pain after and the vomiting. I also worry that I wont be able to be as strict as they want you to be.

I have had several set backs with my sleeve. Pain and burning in my stomach. I also stayed longer than two days at the hospital. I was there for a week because of nausea and vomiting. I had an upper gi done and now they want a whole gastric series done to make sure my pouch is ok. Everything is starting to calm down on its own and i have moved passed my plateau. Even with the set backs that i have had.i would do it again in a heartbeat. I am no longer taking any diabetic meds nor.high blood pressure meds. You will.do great.

TillieS

Im glad to hear you are doing better now. I hope your GI testing goes well also. I have faith that I will do well, Im just really nervous and not wanting vomiting, etc. But what happens happens right? Thank you for the encouragement.

Me too (my date is 8/4)! I was fine until they gave me a date! Now I'm nervous!
Trying to sample shakes and protein bars etc but still not sure about vitamins and stuff.
Start liquid diet Mon so getting stuff in the house for that phase and post op phase. Yikes!

I know what you mean about being nervous! The more things I do to prepare the more real it gets. Like I just turned in my absence request for work today (scared me a little). Its getting so close.

You'll do fine as long as you have a good surgeon and hospital. I'm going to Oregon Health Science University in Portland, OR and have a top notch doctor. At least that's what the web page says. I met him and he seems to know what he's talking about. OHSU is a center for excellence hospital and the top rated for my area. So hoping all goes well...

Good luck!

I know what you mean about being nervous! The more things I do to prepare the more real it gets. Like I just turned in my absence request for work today (scared me a little). Its getting so close.

You'll do fine as long as you have a good surgeon and hospital. I'm going to Oregon Health Science University in Portland, OR and have a top notch doctor. At least that's what the web page says. I met him and he seems to know what he's talking about. OHSU is a center for excellence hospital and the top rated for my area. So hoping all goes well...

Good luck!

Sweetpea,
I understand what you mean becasue I feel the same way. My surgery isn't until September 8th but the more I read here on the fourms and the more I do to prepare, the more nervous and excited I get. I just faxed over my leave request for work today as well and it is all becoming more real to me as well. We are here to support each other. Let me know what I can do to support you.
Pat::)

Sweetpea,
I understand what you mean becasue I feel the same way. My surgery isn't until September 8th but the more I read here on the fourms and the more I do to prepare, the more nervous and excited I get. I just faxed over my leave request for work today as well and it is all becoming more real to me as well. We are here to support each other. Let me know what I can do to support you.
Pat::)

CONGRATULATIONS Pat, Punkymama and Sweetpea on getting your surgery dates. Everything becomes so real once you know the date. I'm so excited for you all!!!

I can remember when.. it was just a year ago for me. Bariatric surgery changed my life :)

Good Luck to you all!

Cheyenne. :cool:

Back