• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just had my surgery..questions

It isn't oo unusual for people to struggle with meds after surgery. Crushing pills can help (you can get a pill crusher at a pharmacy if they didn't give you one at the hospital), or cutting them in half or quarters. Capsules can be a pain, depending on size. Spacing out when you take them so you aren't taking them all at once might help, or looking for chewable options, depending on what pills you are referring to.

What about mixing it in appl sauce if you can have that? This is how I took mine that I had to pour on the food. Im a texture person and could feel the granuals and would start to gag. Applesauce hid it.

It isn't oo unusual for people to struggle with meds after surgery. Crushing pills can help (you can get a pill crusher at a pharmacy if they didn't give you one at the hospital), or cutting them in half or quarters. Capsules can be a pain, depending on size. Spacing out when you take them so you aren't taking them all at once might help, or looking for chewable options, depending on what pills you are referring to.
Be careful crushing- check with your pharmacist as to what can be crushed or cut. Some of my capsules I was able to open and dump on jello. Mine gradually got better in about a week. Good Luck!

Back