• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just killing time and I find this hilarious about my "new" body...

Letrell

I'm laying back here on the couch, chillin', reading the site....about an hour ago I had about a 1" x 1.5" piece of from scratch red velvet cake (I bake, if ya can believe it) with homemade chocolate fondant. Now that in itself is not so funny. It hurt for about 30 minutes. Was it worth it? Yep. I wanted it. Did the pain stop? Thank the good Lord, yes! Now, what's so funny? LOL

Do y'all ever just sit in the stillness or quiet of your home and listen to your intestines? They are on overtime right now. Sounds like a dang thunderstorm going off inside of me. I am just grinning. This sound I have come to love. Because as horrible as it may be when, oh, I dunno, sitting in church when it's so so quiet and your kids whisper...."mommmmmmmmmmm..turn it off! it's embarrassing"...lol...it is far better to hear that noise and know that my body is working perfectly and doing exacty what it is supposed to be doing. I have no complaints. Well..just one more thought...I'm wondering how bad the gas will be once it finishes passing through the intestines? LMAO.

Just a comment for a very lazy day...

Wishing all well

Letrell

Last edited:
Letrell, thats a great story, my stomach loves to make noise at times after I eat depending on what I had, I sometimes get funny looks from my coworkers:eek: Thanks. Enjoy those lazy days, I try and take about one a week. :cool: Tom

it takes forever to make...starting early is a very good thing. I have two recipes I use. Will send them both. One you have to put it in the microwave AFTER it rests in the refrigerator. I hate that one, but it's the quickest and easiest and uses simple ingredients. The latter takes longer but I think it's the better fondant. I use that one when I make a cake for others. I'll get the recipes to you.

Back