• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just started

In all honesty, I just started December 1 of 2023 and I’ve tried to get everything done from the lab work to buying the Atkins shakes the premium plus shakes changing my eating habits. I’ve completed everything from the stress test to the lab work only thing left is to write this letter of why I want to have the surgery, there’s no fear because once I realize that it’s gonna be a part of my reality so speaking out the group of people that have had it and are waiting to have it is going to be part of my saving grace, so hello how are you doing mama chops a.k.a. YOLANDA

In all honesty, I just started December 1 of 2023 and I’ve tried to get everything done from the lab work to buying the Atkins shakes the premium plus shakes changing my eating habits. I’ve completed everything from the stress test to the lab work only thing left is to write this letter of why I want to have the surgery, there’s no fear because once I realize that it’s gonna be a part of my reality so speaking out the group of people that have had it and are waiting to have it is going to be part of my saving grace, so hello how are you doing mama chops a.k.a. YOLANDA
Welcome to the group. I just had my sleeve surgery yesterday. What surgery are you having mama chops?

FYI .. You don't habe to eat baby food. I was totally grossed out by the whole puree phase. I'm not blending meat until its soupy or eating baby food !! The very idea made me nauseous.

I just stuck with foods that were naturally considered puree and thanked the universe that it only lasted a week. Refried beans, cottage cheese, soft scrambled eggs etc

FYI .. You don't habe to eat baby food. I was totally grossed out by the whole puree phase. I'm not blending meat until its soupy or eating baby food !! The very idea made me nauseous.

I just stuck with foods that were naturally considered puree and thanked the universe that it only lasted a week. Refried beans, cottage cheese, soft scrambled eggs etc
Man I'm with you on that, the thought of pureed meat was horrible but then I was so empty that I tried the chicken. It wasn't great but not the worst thing I've eaten. I definitely prefer the yogurt and cottage cheese.

I had a decent time making mini meals, I made chocolate fudge pudding with unflavored protein powder, tuna with light mayo, and just put them all in 2 oz containers that I can just grab when it's time to eat. My belly hurts and I'm sleepy but I'm walking, eating, drinking and basically mood is good. I'm grateful.

Back