• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just starting out

Hello, my name is Amanda. I'm currently in my 6th month hoping to complete all of the insurance requirements so I can schedule my surgery. I can't wait to see the old me again. I just wanted to say hello and wish you luck on your journey. I get frustrated with the weigh ins. I will go down and then back up it's very nerve racking at times. I'm here if you ever want to chat.

Hi all!
I'm just starting this entire process and have my first appointments on Friday with the nutritionalist, fitness trainer and nurse and will be picking up my at home sleep test. I'm 50 yrs old and have 2 adult boys. So ready to get my life back.

Welcome! I did the home sleep test...and I didn't like it :( it wasn't hard, just takes 3 days to complete. If I have to do it again, I will volunteer for one night in a lab somewhere! :D I hope yours goes well though!

Hi all!
I'm just starting this entire process and have my first appointments on Friday with the nutritionalist, fitness trainer and nurse and will be picking up my at home sleep test. I'm 50 yrs old and have 2 adult boys. So ready to get my life back.
Hi...I just joined the group as well. I'm 50 too. I am 8 days post op and struggling with pain and having to make sure I get my required fluids and foods...its a challenge for sure. But am so excited to get my weight down! Good luck with your journey!

Back