• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just starting this journey

Hi, I am just starting my journey. I have finally decided to do the sleeve surgery. My husband has given me the go ahead as we will have to pay 100% of the cost.
Can anyone give me and pros and cons of your decisions?
I understand and fully acknowledge that this is only a tool. I just don't want to be disappointed in myself for making poor choices.

Hi, I am just starting my journey. I have finally decided to do the sleeve surgery. My husband has given me the go ahead as we will have to pay 100% of the cost.
Can anyone give me and pros and cons of your decisions?
I understand and fully acknowledge that this is only a tool. I just don't want to be disappointed in myself for making poor choices.

Hi Sandyhoney! WELCOME to the Forum!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your decision to go ahead with bariatric surgery. It's a journey to a new and healthier life! Laparoscopic surgery is so much safer, less invasive and less painfull than the way surgery was performed in years gone by. It's normal to be both excited and yet scared of surgery. Most people feel this way. I procrastinated having surgery for 10 yrs. But when my health got worse I finally went a head with it and never regretted having it. I tried to lose weight for many years and bariatric surgery has saved my life. It's no magic bullet but it does give the tools to successfully lose weight and stay motivated because the weight comes off fast if you follow the surgeon's instructions.

All I can tell you is I feel wonderful and happy and have never regretted having bariatric surgery.

Good luck to you!!!

Cheyenne :cool:

Hello Sandyhoney. I have been dealing with my weight for almost 20 years. Finally, I have decided to go through with a roux n y procedure and my surgery date is scheduled for May 5. While I am nervous, I am more excited. I cannot wait to be healthy again, feeling good about becoming a new me. I wished i would have done this many years ago, but at the time I was too stubborn or thought I could do it myself. Needless to say, I couldn't and I am thankful my husband supports me on this decision.

Keep your head up and enjoy this journey.

Debbie

Back