• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Last meals

Pat99

Since I start my pre-surgical liquid diet tomorrow I thought it would be "fun" to start a thread where we could post what we ate the day or even the week before our pre-surgical diet started.

My week was pretty normal except I made pan seared lamb chops for dinner on Saturday. They were delicious with the lemon, garlic and fresh rosemary seasonings. I am not a big meat person so this was a bit different for me. Earlier in the week the only change I noticed is that I ate a lot of popcorn, probably daily.

Today I had spaghetti with meat sauce for lunch and bread stuffing for dinner. Yes, I am a carb freak *LOL*
I also ate microwave popcorn and 2 protein bars along the way. And yes, I drank plenty of fluids.

Tomorrow begins the start of my journey. Here's to protein shakes, broth, sugar free jello and pudding, hot cereals, sugar free popsicles (maybe), black coffee and tea, water, sugar free non-carbonated beverages, raw veggies and yogurt. CHEERS:D

Thats sounds good. If I had known pasta wasn't going to agree ewith me any more I would have had lasagna and spagetti, but I had steak potatoes and veggies with a side salad w/crutons and bacon bits. I am a carb junky too, I think most of have been, mine faverorites were pasta, bagels, garlic bread, baked potatoes and pop corn.

Hang in there this week, the liquid diet was the toughest part for me but the pay off comes when you wake up from surgery and the change of life style that follows. Good luck, Let us know how your week is going, I am so excited for you. :cool: Tom

Well, this is day one. I had coffee with some vanilla protein shake in it to replace the vanilla creamer I usually use, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce and the rest of the vanilla protein shake I opened for my coffee. I'm still eating / drinking my breakfast as I write this and can tell you right now that it is going to be a looooong pre-surgical week :(

Well, this is day one. I had coffee with some vanilla protein shake in it to replace the vanilla creamer I usually use, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce and the rest of the vanilla protein shake I opened for my coffee. I'm still eating / drinking my breakfast as I write this and can tell you right now that it is going to be a looooong pre-surgical week :(

Hang in there Pat we will be thinking of you. Next Monday morning will be here before you know it. :cool: Tom

Hi Pat,
I am doing the pre-surgery liquid diet also, my surgery is scheduled for March 7th so I have to do the liquid diet for 2 weeks. My last meal was jambalaya with smoked sausage. Most people cannot tolerate spicy foods after RNY so that is why I chose that. The liquid diet is EXTREMELY hard. I feel so hungry all the time and my protein drinks are just not filling enough. It's so hard to remember as I am cooking dinner for my family not to taste test anything. Good Luck with your surgery and the rest of the liquid diet!

Aly-I don't know about you but I'm about to gnaw my arm off *LOL* Two weeks is a long time to have to stay on a liquid diet so I shouldn't complain about one week. The protein drinks make my stomach gurgle and ping. I usually don't drink milk and it's an adjustment for me but it's a necessary "evil". I'm going to talk to the nutritionist to see if there's a protein drink out there for those of us who are sensitive to lactose. Soy does the same thing to me but not quite as bad.

The week before my surgery i went to carrabas for chicken parmesean and fresh mozzarella stix and lots of warm bread with oil!!! I was lucky and only had one day of liquids to do . Pat good luck on Monday! i'll be thinking of you

The week before my surgery i went to carrabas for chicken parmesean and fresh mozzarella stix and lots of warm bread with oil!!! I was lucky and only had one day of liquids to do . Pat good luck on Monday! i'll be thinking of you

Great choice, I would have had Italin food if I realized pasta would be cause me dumping every time I ate it, I even tried pasta dishes twice thinking the first time was just a fluke. LOL!!! :cool: Tom

Great choice, I would have had Italin food if I realized pasta would be cause me dumping every time I ate it, I even tried pasta dishes twice thinking the first time was just a fluke. LOL!!! :cool: Tom
have not got to that point where i know if i can tolerate still on oatmeal, but sure hope i will be able to!!

Week 1-3 I stuck with protien shakes some soups, yogurt, cottage cheese and protien shakes, then I slowly work my way up to soft food after 3 weeks then on week 6 moved up to chicken and some veggies & rice. What are your time frames for eating with the sleeve? :cool: Tom

Week 1-3 I stuck with protien shakes some soups, yogurt, cottage cheese and protien shakes, then I slowly work my way up to soft food after 3 weeks then on week 6 moved up to chicken and some veggies & rice. What are your time frames for eating with the sleeve? :cool: Tom
first two weeks protein shakes ,broth, jello, sugar free pudding. week3-4 i am on now is pureed soups scrambled eggs yogurt pureed fruit and veggies no sugar added sweet potato cottage cheese 5-8weeks cheese,cereal, toast, white fish,chopped moist chicken, chicken egg or ham salad winter squash bananas soft cooked veggies then pretty much anything i want to try after that! sugar free fat free of course! I can't wat to have haddock. My mind is a terrible thing my whole life always revolved around food and unfortunately i cannot get food off my mind now, its so much harder than i thought it would be!!

shoot i took my wife and inlaws out to a fancy steak house (ive never been toone before) spent about $450 on some of the best aged porter house steaks i have ever had mine was 2 1\2 inches thick medium rare with a baker potato and a side of creamed spinch....that was by far the best meal i have eve had

Patt 99
hi how's things going for you? I am happy to annouce, I get to see the surgeon on May4,12, hopefully they'll give me the news I have been waiting for and allow me to start my 2 week liquid diet. I've did all the prelimary stuff, insurance say's it's ok so I pray please allow it to happen in MAY2012, I feel like all I seem to think about is everything I eat and what lies ahead and list goes on. thank goodness for people like you who've been so kind and encouraging. hadn't been online for a few day's due to computer messings up. Hope things are going well for you and that your able to eat more of a variety now.
Donna

BIGTALLSIS-That is such wonderful news and I am so happy for you. I know the time will go by slowly for you between now and May 4th but just try to think how much better you will start to feel just a few short months from now!!! Things are going OK for me and I am now in phase 4 of my meal plans. It's definitely a step up from pureed foods. Funny thing though, I'm not really craving anything. Since I haven't done much cooking I am basically living off of cottage cheese, canned fruit, pudding cups, egg salad, cheese sticks, broccoli and cheese soup, custard and cream of wheat. I know it sounds boring but it tastes good to me at the moment. I have some turkey lunchmeat waiting for me in the fridge too. It's amazing how little interest I have had for eating since the surgery but then again that was the idea of having the surgery.

Let me say once again congratulations and make sure to keep us updated on the forum Donna.

Back