• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Limerick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you are doing so good. Good luck as you continue on this journey to a healthier you. Love the Limerick too. Some people are so talented. Joy

Lydia tattooed from head to toe was her oeuvre
She lost five hundred pounds and lost her curve
They trimmed the excess
as part of the process
Her artwork now hangs in the Louvre

There once was a man named Skeeter
Who was an very emotional eater
He used to love pasta
His weight he losta
He's happy now to be able see his peter

Last edited:
In high school she was my little moppet
Rejected when we began to pet
I was confused
and disused
All she wanted to do was munch the carpet

Counting calories is not a whim
After surgery and the prelim
Count them going in is the gimmick
but back up they come bulimic
Still I know where they have been

If thinking about it is a cardinal sin
as bad as doing it you can't win
You might get lucky
she may be as plucky
Both of you might as well go Inn

I thought the first one was cute but I agree with Pat with some of the others being inappropriate for this forum. I too am no prude but............ you need to use common sense IMHO.

Sorry Pat but I am true to form

I'm no prude but I think some of your limericks are not suitable for this forum.

Limerick (poetry)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

A limerick is a kind of a witty, humorous, or nonsense poem,[1] especially one in five-line anapestic or amphibrachic meter with a strict rhyme scheme (AABBA), which is sometimes obscene with humorous intent. The form can be found in England as of the early years of the 18th century.[2] It was popularized by Edward Lear in the 19th century,[3] although he did not use the term.

The following limerick is of unknown origin:

The limerick packs laughs anatomical
In space that is quite economical.

But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean

And the clean ones so seldom are comical.[4]

Gershon Legman, who compiled the largest and most scholarly anthology, held that the true limerick as a folk form is always obscene, and cites similar opinions by Arnold Bennett and George Bernard Shaw,[5] describing the clean limerick as a periodic fad and object of magazine contests, rarely rising above mediocrity. From a folkloric point of view, the form is essentially transgressive; violation of taboo is part of its function.

Dcepello-It's thoughtful of you to apoligize but I'm just sayin'...
Providing a definition of a lymerick does not change things either. You have a CHOICE of what you post here and so far there are 2 people who have expressed that your material is not appropriate for this forum. I can assure you there are probably dozens more.

Pat, I do not wish to be disrespectful. I would like to give some time for other viewers to make their opinions known on this issue. For me it helps me to give expression in a poetic form to some of the problems we come up against in everyday life. Sometimes this expression is not agreeable to everyone. But this is a grown up forum and we should be able to tolerate different viewpoints. If a thread offended me, I would make known my opinion, as you have, then avoid that thread from there on out, so others may enjoy that thread if they choose too. That said, I am not here to cause a riot and will respect the wishes of others.

Last edited:
I also respect your opinion but perhaps you might consider a different type of forum to post your work. There are probably thousands of them out there that would better appreciate "off color" and sexually explicit material such as yours.

No one in this forum should have to avoid a particular forum because they may or may not find it offensive. And yes, this is an adult based forum but that doesn't give license to post "adult only" material.

I have been a member of this forum for a long time, almost from the beginning, and have never encountered inappropriate material like this. That alone should tell you what is and what is not considered acceptable material for this forum. I have nothing more to say on this subject. Good luck to you and your limericks...

When it makes you so mad you begin to st-udder
To stop what you don't think they should utter
Agree to disagree
is the plea
The truth is we all don't come from the same cookie cutter

Pat and Java, I don't understand your objection to anything that he's posted so far. This is a section for humor. If you are not a fan of the limerick, then make the choice not to read it. Please do not deny me the pleasure of his poetry. I have no such talent and can always use a good laugh.

With some of the topics we discuss in this forum and in a non-judgemental manner, why would you take this thread to task? Not everyone is going to like something, does that then mean we cannot discuss it or post it? I think with all the options this site has, if you don't like the rhymes, move on to the next thread. JMHO.

Frank

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back