• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Living in Liquid Diet HELL

dking3284

I've almost made it through the first week of my pre-op liquid diet and I am really struggling!

I know what you're all going to say... it's really important for my liver and I need to get used to the dietary changes that will be necessary after surgery, bla bla bla.

I get it.

I just need to vent because I'm seriously hungry and miserable. Oh and if you haven't picked up on it yet, I'm extremely bitchy too.

I thought it would get easier after a few days, but it hasn't. It sucks. All I can think about is how badly I want to sink my teeth into the biggest, fattest cheeseburger ever known to mankind. Eh. I guess I'll go have my stupid Carnation drink.

Any words of motivation about how skinny and sexy I am going to look soon would be greatly appreciated!

YOu will look all skinny and happy soon. Most of all you will be healthy which will make you glow. Yes the diet is hard but it is worth it.

Word to the wise Carnation does not have enough protein to sustain your energy. Have you tried any protein drinks with say 25+ grams of protein. I promise it makes a world of difference. If you have a list of unlimited vegetables that are aloud you should keep a bowl full of ready to eat veggies around.

I wish that I could ease your mind more but I can tell you after the surgery you will have to remind yourself to eat. You will stay full and hardly think about food.

Hang in there and do some pre-shopping by looking at the cloths you will wear this time next year. Find some motivation and carry on.

My surgeon has me drinking the Carnation Breakfast Essentials (5 g protein) with one cup Simply Smart Fat Free Milk (10 g protein) three times a day, plus a Fat Free Greek Yogurt (12 g protein). So I'm getting 57 grams of protein a day, but it's not doing it for me. Honestly, I think I need to cheat tonight and have a salad with chicken. I did really well all week and I will be back at it again tomorrow for another week... I just honestly feel weak and sick from being so hungry.

I am starting my pre-op diet sooner than the 2 weeks...need to have the lightest liver ever. I really am trying to avoid open procedure if at all possible. Has anyone in the group tried Matrix powder? I need some good drinks 20-30 gm protein that does not contain aspartame. What is easy to take to work? What mixes easily? Thanks for suggestions. I plan to start pre-op diet mid August and I am trying to get my ducks in a row now, find a good tasting drink.

I know it is not easy but hopefully this last week for you will go by fast. I look forward to the " not being hungry". My hell will start in a few weeks and last at least 6 weeks pre-op. best wishes!

Well, I will be beginning my own two weeks of hell in a few weeks...I'll get back to you on that one :(

Think about how much better you will feel while losing the weight. I am looking forward to better health.

I am starting my pre-op diet sooner than the 2 weeks...need to have the lightest liver ever. I really am trying to avoid open procedure if at all possible. Has anyone in the group tried Matrix powder? I need some good drinks 20-30 gm protein that does not contain aspartame. What is easy to take to work? What mixes easily? Thanks for suggestions. I plan to start pre-op diet mid August and I am trying to get my ducks in a row now, find a good tasting drink.

Isopure has some that are 40grams of protein and no aspartame, I am going to be starting my liquid diet in about 4 weeks and will drink the grape Isopure mixed with crushed ice - like a snow cone or something.

I've almost made it through the first week of my pre-op liquid diet and I am really struggling!

I know what you're all going to say... it's really important for my liver and I need to get used to the dietary changes that will be necessary after surgery, bla bla bla.

I get it.

I just need to vent because I'm seriously hungry and miserable. Oh and if you haven't picked up on it yet, I'm extremely bitchy too.

I thought it would get easier after a few days, but it hasn't. It sucks. All I can think about is how badly I want to sink my teeth into the biggest, fattest cheeseburger ever known to mankind. Eh. I guess I'll go have my stupid Carnation drink.

Any words of motivation about how skinny and sexy I am going to look soon would be greatly appreciated!
Yes you will be so sexy, I am sure I will bring sexy back while kicking rocks and you will feel amazing

I get it.

I feel your pain, the liquid diet is very hard to do... I had to do that in feb.... But I am down 88 lbs since the start of my journey... Went from size 42 pants to a size 34 so far.... Keep the thought of the new you... It will be well worth it....

So I'm in my first week post op. I'm on a clear liquid protein diet and it's killing me! I'm supposed to do this for 2 weeks. But, if I remember correctly, my doctor said I can go to the full liquid sooner than 2 weeks, but wait the full 4 weeks before going to soft food. How soon did y'all go to the full liquid diet? I feel so hungry and wake up with a gurgling stomach because I'm barely getting any satiation. I'm taking in my recommended amount of liquids but feel like I could get more protein if I wasn't forced to mix the protein with water alone since milk had protein as well.

I get it.

So I'm in my first week post op. I'm on a clear liquid protein diet and it's killing me! I'm supposed to do this for 2 weeks. But, if I remember correctly, my doctor said I can go to the full liquid sooner than 2 weeks, but wait the full 4 weeks before going to soft food. How soon did y'all go to the full liquid diet? I feel so hungry and wake up with a gurgling stomach because I'm barely getting any satiation. I'm taking in my recommended amount of liquids but feel like I could get more protein if I wasn't forced to mix the protein with water alone since milk had protein as well.
I'm on 2nd day. I'm really hungry also. Anticipating in few days will be pretty difficult.
I get it.

Back