• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

ljjcoffee58

ljjcoffee58

New to this page don't have a date for surgery yet, Had to have a swallow test, upper GI and manometry test.. all done next step is to the phyc dr... already did all my testing and had to change drs so am going through all my drs appointments again... phys repeat and dietary repeat... was suppose to have surgery in november 2011. but had to have the upper gi because of swallowing problems.. hiatel hernia and hyperactive espohogus. sorry about my spelling. I am scared but excited to have the surgery makes it harder and have been thinking do I really want this. Linda:eek:

Hi, I'm new too and don't have a surgery date. It does seem like allot hoops to get to the surgery but I think its all for a better result in the end. I'm with you...very excited but kinda scared too. I wish you the best results....

Joanne

Hi Linda, Welcome to the forum. It sounds like the insurance company has put you through the ringer, unfortunately you are not the first person I have heared the same thing from, it seems like they try to wear a person down so they give up. I feel luck now, from all that I have heard from others, that my journey went so smoothly. Your are not alone however when it comes to being excited and nevouse, scared and about a dozen other emotions, when I finally made the descision after many failed diets and nothing but a rollercoaster ride of lose and gain then the high BP and colesterol, I was so excited to hear that my insurance would cover all my tests went good and the closer my surgery got is when I started having all the emotions, I had great support from my family and a local support group that I attended that also helped me out with questions and concernes. We are all here to help you out so feel free to ask questions or to just let out how you are feeling. Hang in there, your doing great. :cool: Tom

hi Linda to ljjcoffee58

how are you today? I too haven't had my surgery yet, did the test and see surgeon in May and hope to get date then. THe test and hoops we have to go through I too think they're made to see if we will stick it out and go through with the surgery.
This group has so many strong people in it, and as a group we can encourage each other share our troubles, delays and good reports of weight loss etc.
This chat room has given me a place to go to , to share the nervousness, anxiety and also the joy of knowing one day I will be able to share my success, and how I met so many wonderful people on here who've went through this journey already and are living happy and healthier lives now.
Keep comming back you'll be encouraged and othes who've already had the surgery will gladly answer all your questions, they've been great to me. Hope your day goes well.
Donna

Back