• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Looking for a buddy

Good luck to you Christine. I had sleeve surgery last Thursday. Follow the medical teams instructions and you will do great. I am amazed at how well I am doing. Sore but very minimal pain. Don't even need pain meds. I will be praying for you. You got this!!!

Good luck to you Christine. I had sleeve surgery last Thursday. Follow the medical teams instructions and you will do great. I am amazed at how well I am doing. Sore but very minimal pain. Don't even need pain meds. I will be praying for you. You got this!!!
My surgery was rescheduled at the very last minute to 12/6. Im glad you are doing well. That is awesome news.

Thanks Tamara. By the way, I found some of the bottles of premier shakes at my grocery store. I bought some chocolate ones to try them out. More expensive, but for just one time, we figured it would be ok.
Tried the chocolate shakes today. Not bad. Remind me a lot of Ensure shakes. Now to try the vanilla.

Yeah the Chocolate and Vanilla are good. I like using the vanilla and mixing frozen fruit with it to make different flavored shakes. They also have Strawberry shakes and Banana Cream. I've also heard there is a Carmel shake out there but I haven't found it yet. I'm pretty stuck on Premier Protein. I just purchased the powder that way I'll get more shakes for my buck.

Yeah the Chocolate and Vanilla are good. I like using the vanilla and mixing frozen fruit with it to make different flavored shakes. They also have Strawberry shakes and Banana Cream. I've also heard there is a Carmel shake out there but I haven't found it yet. I'm pretty stuck on Premier Protein. I just purchased the powder that way I'll get more shakes for my buck.
Have you had a chance to try the powder yet? I thought of getting it since it is less expensive. Just worried it won't taste as well.

Have you had a chance to try the powder yet? I thought of getting it since it is less expensive. Just worried it won't taste as well.
The powder should arrive in the next few days. I bought it off of eBay and it turns out the seller is located in Los Angeles which is just a few hours away from where I live. The price for the tub was reasonable $34 and they had free shipping. I figured I'd get more shakes out of the powder than buying the premade shakes in the 18 count case of 4 count package purchased at Walmart, etc.

The powder should arrive in the next few days. I bought it off of eBay and it turns out the seller is located in Los Angeles which is just a few hours away from where I live. The price for the tub was reasonable $34 and they had free shipping. I figured I'd get more shakes out of the powder than buying the premade shakes in the 18 count case of 4 count package purchased at Walmart, etc.
Definitely more servings with the powder. Let me know how it tastes.

my surgery is tomorrow and I thought it might be nice to have someone to go through all of this with. I'm having bypass done. Hope to hear from someone.

I am fairly new at this. My RNY gastric bypass was in May 2016 and I wish I had it sooner. Still have a long way to go.

Best Regards
Lillian

I am fairly new at this. My RNY gastric bypass was in May 2016 and I wish I had it sooner. Still have a long way to go.

Best Regards
Lillian
Hi Lillian. My surgery ended up being postponed until 12/6/16 due to a requirement of a stress test that didn't come up until the day before my first date. How much weight have you lost? Have you become bored with the restricted diet? That is my fear.

Better be safe then sorry. So far I have lost 70lbs not as quickly as some but steady progress. I haven't gotten bored with the variety of foods I can eat but wish I had the surgery years ago. I was surprised by my smell sensitivity I was after the surgery and car motion sickness the first 3 months or so. Apparently it doesn't happen to everyone.

I also didn't realize how much I cooked for others and some how tied part of my worth to being a good cook. New day New value system.

Better be safe then sorry. So far I have lost 70lbs not as quickly as some but steady progress. I haven't gotten bored with the variety of foods I can eat but wish I had the surgery years ago. I was surprised by my smell sensitivity I was after the surgery and car motion sickness the first 3 months or so. Apparently it doesn't happen to everyone.

I also didn't realize how much I cooked for others and some how tied part of my worth to being a good cook. New day New value system.
Congrats on your 70 lbs. That is something to be proud of. I have to get used to the MUCH smaller portion sizes and listening to my body when it is full. I'm sorry you had such difficulties those first 3 months. According to my doc, if you are prone to motion sickness, I am severely, you are more likely to be sick after the surgery. Oh joy.

Thank you,

My doctor prescribed antinausea patches that worked wonders for the car sickness. Both symptoms has dissipated now and the patches are not required.

I don't regret the surgery at all.
Lillian

Thank you,

My doctor prescribed antinausea patches that worked wonders for the car sickness. Both symptoms has dissipated now and the patches are not required.

I don't regret the surgery at all.
Lillian
I'm glad you got help for the nausea. That's good that you don't regret the surgery. That helps my nerves.

Back