• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Looking for a real support group.

Dagger51

Looking for a real support group for weight loss in the St. Louis Mo. area prefer St. Louis county. If no such animal looking for people willing to meet up at the A.G. Edwards YMCA to chat with on weight loss and Bariatric issues. Any sales people show up trying to sell us junk we can burn at the stake.:cool: seriously just looking for someone to talk with and tired of people and hospitals trying to take advantage of us because of our health issues.

Looking for a real support group for weight loss in the St. Louis Mo. area prefer St. Louis county. If no such animal looking for people willing to meet up at the A.G. Edwards YMCA to chat with on weight loss and Bariatric issues. Any sales people show up trying to sell us junk we can burn at the stake.:cool: seriously just looking for someone to talk with and tired of people and hospitals trying to take advantage of us because of our health issues.

WELCOME to the Forum!!!

Well I used to live in St. Louis County for years and then in St. Charles County for more years and then we moved to VA and have been here for years because my husband got a job with the government. So here we are.. but if you have a hard time finding people to meet up with in person, just remember we are here on line for you. You might try putting a little ad in the County News Paper or on Craig's List.

Best of Luck :)

Cheyenne :cool:

Hopefully, you find one.

Doesn't your bariatric surgeon and/or nutritionist have a local support group?

My nutritionists host support meetings 4 times per month.

In the meantime, come here. We will give you all the support that we can.

It helps. But there is nothing like a real live support group with other bariatric patients from your own area sharing their experiences and supporting you face to face.

Ralph

I understand I will have access to support groups after surgery through Mercy. I am just exploring the process and trying to get information. I live in St. Charles. Would be great to meet with real people! Linda

Our groups allow both pre-op and post-op folks into the support group.

By allowing the pre-op into the group the post-op folks are able to answer many questions that the pre-op folks have based on their real experience.

I am surprised that your groups do not do this. It is very beneficial for everyone.

I’m not in an in person support group, but I’m not far from Bowling Green. This has been a great support group for me, but I understand the need for human interaction.

Back