• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Looking for information and support

Tinkbell

In process of completing steps for Gastric bypass. I just saw my surgeon last week and he said he will be removing majority of my stomach as well.
I am 38 years old, disabled, fought off two rounds of cancer and now suffer multiple medical conditions.
I was diagnosed with gastroparesis which has led to the surgery. Anticipated surgery is April or May. Any information, suggestions, resources would be greatly appreciated!!

I have heard people say after this surgery they have gained a brand new life. I hope that's the case for both of us. My surgery is on the 31. You have been through so much it's time to have things go in the positive direction. The liquid fast has been pretty easy so far. I had 3 days of a headache coming off caffeine but now it's easier to get up in the morning. I feel like I'm losing weight but I haven't scaled yet. I enjoyed my last meal before the fast we made it special and went to my favorite Chinese restaurant. I know another member that had steak. I have never had any body part removed. I'm having the sleeve. I feel like I'm betraying my stomach by cutting it out. After all in the past it has worked very hard.

In process of completing steps for Gastric bypass. I just saw my surgeon last week and he said he will be removing majority of my stomach as well.
I am 38 years old, disabled, fought off two rounds of cancer and now suffer multiple medical conditions.
I was diagnosed with gastroparesis which has led to the surgery. Anticipated surgery is April or May. Any information, suggestions, resources would be greatly appreciated!!
I had gastric bypass on 12/6. Best thing I could have done even though it hasn't been easy. I've dealt with a lot of dizziness and nausea. Still dealing with both this far out from surgery. I think I'm the exception to the rule as far as the complications I'm having. I have lost 30 lbs since surgery and 59 lbs since my initial visit to my doctor's office. I've been stuck on the soft food diet for longer than most people. If I never have to look at another tuna fish can, I'll be a happy camper. If you need any other questions answered, feel free to start a private conversation with me or ask here. Good luck with your pre op stuff and I look forward to getting to know you.

Back