• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Looking for support group in the Venice/Port Charlotte

AndreaK

I'm having my surgery at TGH and they have a support group but that is more than 80 miles from my home. Most of the other groups are run my Dr.s and only allow people in them that have had surgery with that Doctor.

Anyone have any suggestions?

You could start your own support group. there may be lots of people in your area in the same situation. Maybe your doctor's office would cooperate by posting a notice of anyone interested to contact you. I don't think they would give you names and addresses (HIPPA and all that).
If you do this, I would suggest that the person who runs it have at least 1 year post op.

thanks for the suggestions. I do know a lady that is 2 years post-op I'll have to see if she is interested. The local newspapers are a big help with support group notices weekly.

Hi Andrea! We have just started a Bariatric Program at Venice Regional Medical Center and our first support group meeting is Saturday December 21st from 6-7pm. I'd LOVE to see you there! Please let me know if you need any information!
Gina

I Will be there!!
Hi Andrea! We have just started a Bariatric Program at Venice Regional Medical Center and our first support group meeting is Saturday December 21st from 6-7pm. I'd LOVE to see you there! Please let me know if you need any information!
Gina

I'm SO GLAD! I can't wait to meet you! Here is my office line 941-483-7558 if you have ANY questions!

I just got word from Administration that they have also approved for me to open a weeknight group if that works better for you Andrea! Monday December 2nd from 5-6 would be an educational seminar and then 6-7pm would be our support group. You can come to either or BOTH!
:D
http://www.venicembs.com/

Hi Gina, Thanks for letting me know about the support groups. I will still be out of town on Dec 2nd but looking forward to the group on the 21st..wish it was sooner.
I just got word from Administration that they have also approved for me to open a weeknight group if that works better for you Andrea! Monday December 2nd from 5-6 would be an educational seminar and then 6-7pm would be our support group. You can come to either or BOTH!
:D
http://www.venicembs.com/

Back