• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Looking for support group in West Melboure Florida area.

liz135

Trying to find a support group in West Melbourne, preparing to get Gastric Bypass surgery. Don't have a date yet. Still need to loose weight before I can get the operation.

The bariatric center where your going will have info on that. Call and say u want to know about all the ones available in your area. There could be more than one.

Trying to find a support group in West Melbourne, preparing to get Gastric Bypass surgery. Don't have a date yet. Still need to loose weight before I can get the operation.

Yes, your bariatric center should have all that information.

Also, I am surprised that a support group participation is NOT one of your requirements/prerequisites before being approved for surgery.

Our support group is run by the nutritionist from our bariatric center. There are 4 meetings a month that I can attend.

I go to them and if for some reason I cannot make it, I always check in via email with the nutritionist.

So, go back to your Doctor and his staff and ask them.

What is also important is you are here. We can provide many answers to your questions.

Look over the materials in this site and don't be shy with questions.

Best wishes,

Ralph

Thank you Ralph and Sissy. There are meetings held by the nutritionist once a month that are mandatory. However since I had little to no support at home, the psychiatrist they had me go to recommended I join a support group.

Once you are past mandatory....

Thank you Ralph and Sissy. There are meetings held by the nutritionist once a month that are mandatory. However since I had little to no support at home, the psychiatrist they had me go to recommended I join a support group.

sounds like the group that the nutritionist hosts is the support group for you long term.

I would still go back and ask.

Initially, you are right I HAD TO ATTEND TWO MEETINGS BEFORE SURGERY.

After that, I went voluntary since I find surrounding myself with success stories and supporters is simply fantastic.

Yes it is very educational although sometimes the subjects seem to go on endlessly. However having people around you can talk to who are planning to go through or who have already gone through the same process is helpful.

Back