• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Looking forward to first trip...more than just a vacation...

Kim n NC

We have booked a trip to Vegas with our close friends for over the holidays. I must say (though I'm only a few days post-op) I'm excited about the possibility of flying without having to worry about getting a seatbelt extender or walking down the aisles past people and getting that "look" as you go by and having more room in the seat. Also hopeful that I will have more energy and be able to walk around more without being tired or my knees bothering me. I don't want to be the one who always holds everyone else up or doesn't participate in something because my weight won't let me or I'm embarassed about my weight. I'm sure we've all been there.
It'll be the first true test of how life for me should be better after this surgery. It'll be my "carrot" over the next few months. Everyone else is just excited about the trip but I so want to reach these goals, for myself and my husband. I hope all these things will come to pass.
K

Hey Kim In NC,

I'm in Wake Forest and I love the idea of a trip to Vegas. Been a lot of years since I was there, lots of fun. I know about the seat belt extenders and I expect by the time my wife and I go to the islands in February, I won't need one either.

Back