• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

looking in Tampa

Hi Miss K. Brandon Regional Hospital has a support group meeting the 2nd Wednesday and the 4th Thursday of each Month. They are located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, FL. Thursday is the most attended and some wonderful people to interact with. It's been great !!

hi miss,last night i attended a support group meeting in brandon florida. it is probably 10 miles from tampa. i also know of one in plant city fl. i attended one there. look up st josephs hospital or brandon regional hospital. both are very near tampa. actually st josephs is in tampa. good luck

My husband and I are originally from the Dunedin-Clearwater area. I used to work for Baycare Hospital system-Morton Plant mease Hospital system and i do know that they have a good bariatric Program there and have support groups-go on their online site and check it out.

Carol

Hi! there is a great support group at Brandon Regional Hospital. you may also check Tampa General. I had a failed lap band of 6 years & just had it removed & Gastric Bypass July 17. dr Alfredo Fernandez is great & works out of several hospitals. Hope you will love Tampa as much as I do. third move here & Hope it's the LAST. This is home. WELCOME to town!

I recently moved to Tampa and am trying to find a support group and recommendations for therapist with experience in people who are more than three years post-op. Anyone know anything about Tampa

Hi miss k, I am from New Port Richey and I just had the gastrectomy sleeve done on 10/27/2015. Almost one year ago now, I am still having trouble not drinking enough water and not getting enough protein in, I am in need of a total knee replacement so I can't really do much this year, I still can't walk in 3 years, and I am very discouraged that I have not lost enough weight at all from not being able to move. I only lost 50 pounds but it is very slowly. I am looking for support groups to go to too. I will try to go to the one in Brandon that they told you about, if you know of any closer to here please let me know. I hope to see you there too.

Back