• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Loose skin

Debbie G.

I know I will have some. Is surgery the only way to get rid of it? If I wait enough years will it shrink? I am old and have wrinkles anyway, so I am figuring shapewear is going to be my friend. Thinking about the future is helping me get through hell week :) surgery is 1 week away!!

You are almost there. Think of the positives of the future. Not the negatives. ;) I have seen a man who had good control of the loose skin on his stomach, but he said he did 1,000 sit ups a day. Not sure I can do that. My arms are what bother me the most. I have done NO weight lifting though, so it is to be expected. I have heard that you can do some firming with weights. I just don't belong to a gym.

You are almost there. Think of the positives of the future. Not the negatives. ;) I have seen a man who had good control of the loose skin on his stomach, but he said he did 1,000 sit ups a day. Not sure I can do that. My arms are what bother me the most. I have done NO weight lifting though, so it is to be expected. I have heard that you can do some firming with weights. I just don't belong to a gym.
Thank you for the support. I am nervous AND excited ;)

How ya doing Debbie?
I am doing great! Thanks for asking. The pain is less than I thought it would be. I am on clear liquids, going home tomorrow, passed all of the "milestones" :) I know each day will be better and better. Some how I thought I would feel different because I have just had some radical things done to my insides. But I don't feel very different ......... yet:) :) :) but my new lease on life is exciting to think about. Next year I will be svelte;) in the meantime it's nap time;)

I am doing great! Thanks for asking. The pain is less than I thought it would be. I am on clear liquids, going home tomorrow, passed all of the "milestones" :) I know each day will be better and better. Some how I thought I would feel different because I have just had some radical things done to my insides. But I don't feel very different ......... yet:) :) :) but my new lease on life is exciting to think about. Next year I will be svelte;) in the meantime it's nap time;)
Glad to hear it. You are going to be buying skinny clothes in no time!

Back