• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

mad someone tell me how to calm down

Today I am at the DR for my last test with the heart DR. Well to make a long story short a man comes up to my husband (after I went back for the echo) and tells him I am to fat. The guy goes on to tell my husband to feed me nothing but lettuce for a while and I will loose the weight. MDH was in shock and getting very upset when a nurse lied and told him I needed him in the back. He comes in and sits down like nothing happened trying to protect my feelings. The thing is why do I give a bleep. Who the H@@@ does this guy think he is to give health advice in a dr's office anyway. My DR was very kind and apologetic he made sure to make a big deal over the weight I had lost and my exercise log. Okay vent is complete (for now) :mad:

On a up note my test all proved I am healthy and fit for surgery. Now to take another day of work to go in and make the surgery date. :D

Close your eyes, take a couple of deep breaths and think to yourself. I can lose weight but this guy will be a jerk for the rest of his life.

cheers

What Dennis said. This guy will never realize that he is a jerk and so be unable to change. You on the other hand know your issues with food and are taking proactive steps to correct the situation. Go You!

Frank

:cool:

Wow....I've never run across anyone so rude before. I like dcepello's reply! Best wishes on your surgery! Mine is coming up soon!

CAL-Ask yourself why this jerk was at the cardiologist if he was so darn healthly himself!!! Some people are just idiots. Congratulations on completing the pre-surgical testing part of your journey. As you continue you will most likely experience a lot of emotions, not all of them will be good. Most of us go on this emotional rollercoaster ride before and after surgery so take comfort knowing it is "normal" and can be overwhelming at times. Us women also suffer from a rush of hormones we have to deal with when losing weight because hormones are stored in fat and are released in numbers. In time everything will level off and life will be great!!! Good luck on the rest of your journey and make sure to keep us posted.

I am sorry this happened to you. I get really upset when I go to a carnival or an amusement park and I cannot fit on the rides...Once a young punk kid came up and made a big deal out of it. I was beyond upset. Keep up the good work, and do not let ANYONE steal YOUR thunder!!!!

Welcome to the board Jacki. I see your date is coming up soon, just follow the plan outlined for you and you'll do great. Let us know if you have any questions or just need moral support. We're here.

Frank

:cool:

Thanks guys

I am over it besides I have lost 30+ pounds pre-surgery so how can I let a stranger hurt my feelings.

Moving forward in slow motion 2.1 miles in 24 minutes with 8 flights of stairs. I am just proud to be able to move

Thanks all
Sharon

It's amazing how strangers can be so rude and think nothing of it! I once had someone ask me when my baby was due. I looked him straight in the face and said, "About 9 months after I get pregnant idiot!" :D I bet he never commented on another woman's weight again!

Back