• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Meat feels like brick in stomach

catmom

Hello again! I'm now just over 3 weeks post op gastric bypass and as of yesterday every bite of (well chewed) fish or chicken, ground up feels like a brick hitting my stomach, no pain but uncomfortable feeling. After 1 bite I no longer want to eat. I see the surgeon for follow up Monday but was wondering if anyone else has had this feeling?

Hello again! I'm now just over 3 weeks post op gastric bypass and as of yesterday every bite of (well chewed) fish or chicken, ground up feels like a brick hitting my stomach, no pain but uncomfortable feeling. After 1 bite I no longer want to eat. I see the surgeon for follow up Monday but was wondering if anyone else has had this feeling?
yes. this is one of many typical responses the body makes. Only time will make a difference. Good for you for chewing well, but you might want to continue with a pureed diet until you're a bit further out. Each body is different in the amount of time needed for full recovery, and you probably won't ever return to "normal," as you knew it before. Just give it time, take it slowly and keep paying attention to your body. Three weeks is still VERY early. You may not feel acclimated to your new methods of digestion for six months or more. I hope you're losing weight and feeling more healthy, because those factors can offset any inconvenience considerably.

Back