• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Merry Christmas

It's that time of year again, lots of goodies all around us and we shouldn't eat any ugh, one year ago I couldn't eat anything, I was just coming home from the hospital, after having bariatric surgery and thinking what the hell did I do to myself, today I can't be any happier. Although those goodies are calling my name, I have decided no to eat any sugar today in anticipation of tomorrows events, and they put me in charge of desserts for tomorrow ugh, there will be no licking the bowls or fingers, no taste testing, I'm just going to follow the directions and hope it taste good lol, and then tomorrow I might try some, with a little wine, or just skip the desserts and go straight to the wine. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year

I've been surrounded by sweet treats for the last few weeks at work. It's kind of a sweet misery? Sugar cookies, fudge, bon-bons, chocolate covered pretzels & cherries, banana bread, sweet rolls, cinnamon rolls, donuts, candy, and more. It's like walking into a live version of Candy Land and I keep wondering if I'm going to end up in the molasses swamp before the season is over! I don't think I've ever before thought about how much junk comes out this time of year because prior to surgery I could have a little bit of this and that. In fact, I probably had more than just a little and thought to myself it was just a 'little' ...and isn't that how grazing got me to where I was in the first place? While the temptation to have just a little is there, the reality of immediate consequences has helped immensely this year. I do think however, a year from now I will find myself in your shoes Tracy, where I am able to indulge a bit, with a reality that I can over indulge by quite a bit. Ugh! I'm glad I've found this group to help keep me focused. It is so reassuring to know that I'm not alone in any of these phases of the newly embraced changes in our lives. I want to continue to pursue healthy eating, daily exercise, proper boundaries, and intentional celebratory indulgences. Thank you Tracy, and to the many others who continue to inspire and encourage others to stick to the path of success! Happy holidays everyone!

It's that time of year again, lots of goodies all around us and we shouldn't eat any ugh, one year ago I couldn't eat anything, I was just coming home from the hospital, after having bariatric surgery and thinking what the hell did I do to myself, today I can't be any happier. Although those goodies are calling my name, I have decided no to eat any sugar today in anticipation of tomorrows events, and they put me in charge of desserts for tomorrow ugh, there will be no licking the bowls or fingers, no taste testing, I'm just going to follow the directions and hope it taste good lol, and then tomorrow I might try some, with a little wine, or just skip the desserts and go straight to the wine. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year
I've been surrounded by sweet treats for the last few weeks at work. It's kind of a sweet misery? Sugar cookies, fudge, bon-bons, chocolate covered pretzels & cherries, banana bread, sweet rolls, cinnamon rolls, donuts, candy, and more. It's like walking into a live version of Candy Land and I keep wondering if I'm going to end up in the molasses swamp before the season is over! I don't think I've ever before thought about how much junk comes out this time of year because prior to surgery I could have a little bit of this and that. In fact, I probably had more than just a little and thought to myself it was just a 'little' ...and isn't that how grazing got me to where I was in the first place? While the temptation to have just a little is there, the reality of immediate consequences has helped immensely this year. I do think however, a year from now I will find myself in your shoes Tracy, where I am able to indulge a bit, with a reality that I can over indulge by quite a bit. Ugh! I'm glad I've found this group to help keep me focused. It is so reassuring to know that I'm not alone in any of these phases of the newly embraced changes in our lives. I want to continue to pursue healthy eating, daily exercise, proper boundaries, and intentional celebratory indulgences. Thank you Tracy, and to the many others who continue to inspire and encourage others to stick to the path of success! Happy holidays everyone!
Glad I could help but you all help me stay on track as well, I may slip a little here and there but without all of you I wouldn't know what to do, I hope you all have a very merry Christmas and a Happy New year
cheers

(Salivating) I don't envy you your work place. Nothing like a little snack after lunch to stay awake til the clock strikes the hour. Sigh. But...no.

I know what you mean. I have had just a few. But I weigh myself every day which has helped keep me in check. I have maintained my weight. I only have to lose eleven more to my goal weight. Now I'm back on track for the new year.

Back