• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Milestone passed

Fosgate

Officially down 100lbs since surgery day May 25 2021. 7 more lbs and I start doubling protein intake and strength training with about 175lbs ish to go to hit target depending on how much muscle mass I can put back on. Goal is anywhere between 220-270 (I'm 6'7). Feeling good. I just wish beef and chicken wasn't like trying to swallow a hairball. Even if I choke it down it doesn't sit right. Weird though, Jacks Links Teriyaki Beef Steak Jerky goes down and settles really nice. Pork is my occasional protein with seafood being my primary source of protein along with protein shakes. I typically have some Jerky, Canned Smoked oysters/mussles and some crystal light peach tea sugar free in the work car for the long drives for snakes and even quick meals.

Congrats on your milestone. From my highest weight I guessed that I would need to lose like 150 pounds. I am in awe that you have achieved 100 pounds since May. I can’t really complain since I am 100 pounds from highest weight before surgery. But it took some time to get there. May your journey be all that you dreamed of.

Congrats on losing 100lbs. That is quite an accomplishment so quickly. Science says seafood is much better for you than beef, so try to consider it an added bonus of surgery. You have shared some really nice recipes so you're probably able to cook up super tasty dishes for yourself, regardless of what protein you use.

Officially down 100lbs since surgery day May 25 2021. 7 more lbs and I start doubling protein intake and strength training with about 175lbs ish to go to hit target depending on how much muscle mass I can put back on. Goal is anywhere between 220-270 (I'm 6'7). Feeling good. I just wish beef and chicken wasn't like trying to swallow a hairball. Even if I choke it down it doesn't sit right. Weird though, Jacks Links Teriyaki Beef Steak Jerky goes down and settles really nice. Pork is my occasional protein with seafood being my primary source of protein along with protein shakes. I typically have some Jerky, Canned Smoked oysters/mussles and some crystal light peach tea sugar free in the work car for the long drives for snakes and even quick meals.
It's so inspiring to see someone else's success story. You have done an amazing job, and I enjoy viewing your recipes & meal suggestions.

I don't think I would want to travel in your car during those long commutes with your "snakes!" Just cannot handle reptiles in the vehicle.

Back