• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Mirror mirror on the wall

When I look in the mirror I still see myself the same way I did a year ago, I see the number on the scale and know it's going down and my new pants fit me but why do I still see that 270 lb person in front of me, when I look at my pants and see the waist, I think how do these fit me, when will I see the real me, on a positive side, I squeezed into size 10

Congratulations on the size 10. That is awesome. I don't know why we still see our bigger selves when we look in the mirror. Maybe I should talk to my therapist about it. I find myself doubting people when they give me a compliment. Again, I still see myself at 363. Not 274.

Congratulations on the size 10. That is awesome. I don't know why we still see our bigger selves when we look in the mirror. Maybe I should talk to my therapist about it. I find myself doubting people when they give me a compliment. Again, I still see myself at 363. Not 274.
I'm glad I'm not the only one, my husband doesn't understand why I still see myself at my previous weight, maybe your therapist can help me out too

When I look in the mirror I still see myself the same way I did a year ago, I see the number on the scale and know it's going down and my new pants fit me but why do I still see that 270 lb person in front of me, when I look at my pants and see the waist, I think how do these fit me, when will I see the real me, on a positive side, I squeezed into size 10
Congratulations on the size 10!

Back