• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Miss Violet

Welcome, Miss Violet. Everyone has some anxiety or second thoughts before surgery.

When I had my RYGB 14 years ago, it was major surgery. Now they do the same thing laparoscopically. It sounds like a root canal would've been more painful than that (and I've had both).

But the weight came off like a candle melting. I improved my diet and began taking nutritional supplements, vitamins and minerals. I started training at the YMCA so I could hike mountains. I had to buy a whole new wardrobe. I ended up dressed like this for the holidays a year later.

I'd do it over and over. I have no regrets and no restrictions.

Attachments

• P1010051-8.JPG.jpg
    P1010051-8.JPG.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 44
Hello and Welcome! I absolutely had second thoughts! I was so scared I considered leaving after I got to the hospital lol However, I just kept reminding myself that I was doing it for my future and even if it wasn't easy it had to be done for my health. I cannot express how happy I am that I went through with it. I would do it again every day and twice on Sundays!

Welcome Miss Violet! Keep reminding yourself all the reasons you have for doing this surgery. Maybe that will quiet down those second thought feelings. It's natural to be nervous, just keep your eye on your goal. Good luck!!

Back