• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Month 4 & getting nervous!!

Jin

My name is Jin and I am in month 4 of 6 in the bariatric program at geisinger Danville and I am so freaked out about what can and will go wrong..I really want this surgery cuz I have been fighting obesity since a child. Emotional eating is my main issue. I'm really worried about gaining weight back after surgery and EXTRA SKIN that my insurance won't cover to get removed because its cosmetic? my mother had gastric bypass, didn't lose the weight, and 2 years later passed away from stage 4 cancer...I'm on the fence here!!!

You are wise to think things through before having the surgery. It won't change your emotional eating. It can only change how much you eat at one time, but even that can change if you eat too much and stretch your pouch out like I have done. If you are serious about being successful, I would recommend Counseling to try to get your emotional eating under control. Once that has been dealt with, you should be an ideal candidate for surgery. Just my opinion from personal experience.

My name is Jin and I am in month 4 of 6 in the bariatric program at geisinger Danville and I am so freaked out about what can and will go wrong..I really want this surgery cuz I have been fighting obesity since a child. Emotional eating is my main issue. I'm really worried about gaining weight back after surgery and EXTRA SKIN that my insurance won't cover to get removed because its cosmetic? my mother had gastric bypass, didn't lose the weight, and 2 years later passed away from stage 4 cancer...I'm on the fence here!!!
Hey Jin it's me and my biggest problem is idk what to do...continue the program of gastric bypass? I have yo yo with my weight all my life? Should I go for it? I'm only 35 bmi but I do have asthma problems and a fatty enlarged liver

I had my surgery at Danville. They did an awesome job, and are still very helpful you are in good hands, good luck on your journey

Back