• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

More testing required

So I still have no surgery day. My insurance made me switch providers for them to pay. I now have more requirements for the new provider. They want a stress test and EKG. I'm very nervous about the stress test. I Have no idea why but I just am. Have ya'll had to do a stress test? How did you keep yourself from "stressing" about it? Both tests are Friday by the way.

I didn’t have to do a stress test, but I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Your body is going to react the way it wants to no matter how your feeling about the test emotionally. Are you doing the chemical stress test or standard? I did have to do an EKG and I did some deep breathing exercises before that to help my blood pressure come down. My BP is always higher in a drs office or hospital. They usually check me at the beginning and end of my appointments because there is such a big difference. Always lower at the end because I’m usually more at ease.

Yes, I had a stress test before surgery and an EKG. Don't let it worry you. I would rather go into surgery knowing that I had a good stress test before. I do what 3mom does and do deep breaths before going in for doctor appointments. It always was a habit that I would do this because I use to go straight from work and sometimes the day would have been stressful. I really think it helps.

I did not have to do a stress test before surgery, but have done one. It's intimidating 'cuz who wants to be judged while on a treadmill?!? Otherwise, it's really no big deal. A little exercise to get your heart rate up and then your done. It doesn't even take very long. Try not to think about it.

Back