• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Mothers driving is more terrifying than the surgery!

OMG THANK THE LORDT IM ALIVE! listen, love my mama and bless her heart for taking me to my 1 week post op appointment, but I will NOT be having her drive me anywhere again lmfao. We almost died 3 times there and back again smh. This is why I normally drive her when she needs to go to the akron area.
Anyway, my incisions look good. I get to move on to pureed food now! Yay! I already had 2oz pureed egg salad with about a tsp of light ranch dressing mixed in. It was so good.
The best part is I am down 23 lbs!!! I looked at the scale in like shock for a min. Also, my bp was 114/76! Even when I was on blood pressure meds it wasn't that good. I haven't taken a blood pressure med since surgery. I'm in awe at how fast it helped my BP. I know it's still to early to be all woohoo this was the best decision of my life! But...I mean lol.
I think it's sad to think like that tho. We are so conditioned to think skeptically when alot of good things happen to us cause it just isn't normal. At least that is how my brain works.
Anyway, hope everyone is doing great and have a fabulous day❤️

Back