• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Movin' & Groovin'

KarenWV

Hey friends,
Ever since that post on a different thread about "Sweating to the Oldies," that vision of moving around while watching tv has been nagging at me to get off my butt & get my heart rate up.

So, today while watching the NFL, our beloved Steelers vs my beloved Bengals, I spent about 5-6 minutes dancing, twisting and grooving. My hubby encouraged me by singing the Beatles "Twist & Shout." Yep, he's a keeper!

I could feel this in my legs, arms, waist, etc. I'm gonna try this again a little later while holding cans to add a little upper body work to the mix.

OMG I am feeling the adrenaline rush & a flood of endorphins. My plan is to do this 3X daily, working up to at least 10 min each time. Forget about me joining the gym, at least for now. This is in my budget.

I just had to share this with y'all. I want to keep moving forward on this journey, and I hope this works for me as I work on resetting my food & lifestyle choices to get back on track.

Thanks y'all. I know 1 day of extra moving around doesn't necessarily change the scale immediately, but I did lose 4 lbs today showing up on this weekly weigh-in. I worked on my eating/protein levels, and increased my walking last week, and I am feeling happier than I have for several weeks.

Bouncing around the apartment is such a great idea I got from reading your all's suggestions. Yet another reason this site can help change minds, attitudes, and lives! Woohoo!!!

Back