• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Ms.Scott

Welcome Ms. Scott. Hope you get the answers to your question(s) that satisfy you. At 2 weeks, I was doing pureed/soft. I had greek yogurt, cream of chicken soup, well-cooked spinach, broccoli, canned smooth meats (similar to potted meat, i.e., chicken, ham) and Premier Protein shakes as well as powdered shakes I got from my doctor's nutrition store.

I have acid reflux and am on medications for it (pre-op) and now. It's controlled, so unfortunately, I can't say if it's normal; however, eating too much too fast can cause food/fluids to back up the esophagus causing heartburn. Also, laying down too soon after eating. Our new eating motto is "Go Sloooowwwwww." My food gets cold with the slowness of meal intake. That is now my new normal. So, please, take your time, remain in an upright position, and as soon as you start to have a feeling of fullness, STOP eating because more food/liquids are funneling into the new pouch; it's just waiting in line to drip-drop into the stomach. :p

I have acid reflux and am on medications for it (pre-op) and now. It's controlled, so unfortunately, I can't say if it's normal; however, eating too much too fast can cause food/fluids to back up the esophagus causing heartburn. Also, laying down too soon after eating. Our new eating motto is "Go Sloooowwwwww." My food gets cold with the slowness of meal intake. That is now my new normal. So, please, take your time, remain in an upright position, and as soon as you start to have a feeling of fullness, STOP eating because more food/liquids are funneling into the new pouch; it's just waiting in line to drip-drop into the stomach. :p
I agree, but don’t you just hate it when you’re really enjoying your pre measured, delicious dinner and you can’t eat it all because you’re already full up? It sure takes some getting used to!

Yes but we have to train ourselves not to be an over eater. If someone didn't clean their plate I would do it for them. I can't do that now because I don't eat the same things they do. So hopefully I will continue on my new journey.
This is the ultimate goal of the surgery in my eyes. So that I physically can't overeat. I know you can snack all day and stretch out your pouch but it seems like you'd have to almost mindfully do it. Fingers crossed anyway. ;)

Back