• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

must have pre - surgery list

Sigourney

Hi There,

I am scheduled for July 22nd. I am wondering if any of you have some "shopping lists" to share. What is good to have in the house the first two weeks after surgery. This may well be a food or drink item - but might also be something like a good book.

Please share - what should I make sure I have in the house?

You don't need much
protein
things to read
place to walk
gauze and tape if you have a drain

you can be out and going in just a few days time.

Good luck!

Add popsicles, and jello, and things to make broth with, get your pain prescription filled and have those on hand, anti gas pills - I liked the strips that melt on your tongue, bring home some medicine cups from the hospital - you can use them to count your fluid intake (dietician's suggestion), or just use a shot glass without the booze (darn it). I also had a pill crusher/cutter as required by my program - Thank heavens I don't need to do that anymore. Protein shake materials as previously suggested. I enjoyed a good book on my Kindle, but was constantly dozing off. Good luck. Joy

If you freeze some of the chocolate unjury they make great tasting Fudge bars. Javajoy thanks for the reminder about the liquid. A shot glass is awesome to train your mind to sip sip sip. Don't do shots of water if you drink to fast it will hurt.

Great ideas!

Thank You - if you think of more things .... please keep posting.

Question: I currently make my own juice (with a juicer) It is spinach, carrots celery, and an apple. - will this be ok the first week? Or is the natural sugar in the apple a no no?

I wouldn't know about the juicer. My intake revolves around protein and water. I have been told those are my two goals for now and it takes everything I have to reach those goals. I would ask your nutritionist . When in doubt it is best to ask the professionals.

Back