• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My brain/weight

So it’s come down to I have three more things to do according to the list that I got from the surgeon when I first came for my appointment on December 1 2023. I had to make an appointment over zoom to speak to a nutritionist and I had to do a nutritionist class second they want me to exercise 30 minutes five times weekly they want me to do a personal letter they want me to go through a mental health clearance and when we do labs do a sleep study do a chest x-ray and an abdominal ultrasound a EKG and cardiac clearance visit my personal doctor OK. So within the month of December before the holidays I was able to complete everything but the nutritionist wanted to have another zoom meeting on 8 January and I still have to do the abdominal x-ray and I still have to write the letter I can say, the hardest part is putting into words are just trying to be different from what everybody else says when it comes down to this letter, but I’m getting it together and then just seeing the difference because I was I believe my highest weight was 370 but when I went to go see the surgeon it was 325 I guess that’s how much it is with clothes now I’m down to 308 my brain and my weight is actually working together to accomplish the goals that I have set forth. Hardest part still is right in this letter, and getting the carbs in the protein in at the amount that they say to do but but I can say that that’s the only two things that are sort of holding me up but once I get my menu in my preparing my meals According to what did they say that my numbers are supposed to be then it will be smooth sailing until I have my surgery and then I guess what I used to spend on fast food and nonsense. I’ll be spending that on the bariatric, Medical medicine, vitamins, etc. so yeah I got this .

Don't worry so much about what to write or sounding like everyone else. We all tend to have many of the same reasons for wanting to have weight loss surgery. Be healthier, live longer, look better etc.

Explain the ways in which you hope this will improve the quality of your life. Exactly which health issues you have and need help with. The things you're currently unable to do and wish you could. Pony rides for the grandbabies? Heck, just walking through the grocery store without pain in your joints from the excess weight?

Write from your heart, not your head. No one will be looking for a perfectly worded, professional writer level essay. They're looking to know you and give YOU something to look back at when it gets hard.

Back