• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My day finally came

Ok, so I had my surgery 8/19/13 and boy did I have a long wait. Originally I was scheduled to come into the hospital at 5:15 am with the surgery procedure starting at 7:00 am. Well, that didn't last because I received a phone call the Friday before the surgery stating that there was a scheduling conflict and my time was pushed to 1:00 pm. I agreed because anyone can have scheduling conflicts happen to them. But then it got a bit crazy because they called for a third time to reschedule once again. This time they wanted me to be at the hospital at 3:00pm and my schedule time was supposed to be at 5:00pm. Never the less, it did not go as smoothly as I wished it would. I got to the hospital at 3pm but didn't get into surgery until 7pm. I was extremely moody because mind you I haven't ate or drank anything since before midnight of the prior night. I was just thirsty as ever, and I wanted the surgery to hurry up and be over so I can get some ice chips lol. However, even due to the fact that I had a lengthy wait, the ends justify the means.

Back