• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My Gallbladder. What was once perfect is now showing it sludge...

You're welcome. Heh I wanna ask you what does <3 mean? I've seen it several times. Is it a blown kiss? Or Fluffing? LOL

You're welcome. Heh I wanna ask you what does <3 mean? I've seen it several times. Is it a blown kiss? Or Fluffing? LOL

OK that bad boy is out and let me tell you, "OUCHIE".... I knew this would have some pain with it, yet not one bit of nausea post surgery.

I was a bit spoiled by my RNY, no pain just nausea.

The surgery went very well and quickly.. The post surgical pain is like wow. Manageable but still hurts.

My surgeon told us that it is due to the swelling and irritation from my gallbladder to my surrounding organs.. Still, "OUCHIE." Not to mention the right shoulder pain and the fact my belly looks like Freddy Kruger(joking) got ahold of my belly, LOL

The only incision zone that is killing me is where he did the deep tissue stitching and repair to make sure I do not develop a hernia.

I am taking pain meds with this one, :(

I am up walking and doing my thing according to my body signals... No lifting, bending or stooping, LOL.

OH and the pre-surgical preparation area has these cool gowns called Bair Paws, LOVE THEM.... They can hook your gown to a heating / cooling pump, :) <3 It...

You know how cold that area is already and add to it the cold weather, I was freezing my flap off. Once they had me in my gown, my nurse hooked me up, handed me the control and showed me the settings and I was off and
running...

It was awesome, my gown had panels that filled with comfortably heated air and voila` nice warmth.. I warmed up in record time, then it was time to go to surgery.

They need to make that system available to the general public, ;)

All in all I am great..

THANK YOU for all of the well wishes, prayers and thoughts....

Have a great day and stay warm..

OK that bad boy is out and let me tell you, "OUCHIE".... I knew this would have some pain with it, yet not one bit of nausea post surgery.

I was a bit spoiled by my RNY, no pain just nausea.

The surgery went very well and quickly.. The post surgical pain is like wow. Manageable but still hurts.

My surgeon told us that it is due to the swelling and irritation from my gallbladder to my surrounding organs.. Still, "OUCHIE." Not to mention the right shoulder pain and the fact my belly looks like Freddy Kruger(joking) got ahold of my belly, LOL

The only incision zone that is killing me is where he did the deep tissue stitching and repair to make sure I do not develop a hernia.

I am taking pain meds with this one, :(

I am up walking and doing my thing according to my body signals... No lifting, bending or stooping, LOL.

OH and the pre-surgical preparation area has these cool gowns called Bair Paws, LOVE THEM.... They can hook your gown to a heating / cooling pump, :) <3 It...

You know how cold that area is already and add to it the cold weather, I was freezing my flap off. Once they had me in my gown, my nurse hooked me up, handed me the control and showed me the settings and I was off and
running...

It was awesome, my gown had panels that filled with comfortably heated air and voila` nice warmth.. I warmed up in record time, then it was time to go to surgery.

They need to make that system available to the general public, ;)

All in all I am great..

THANK YOU for all of the well wishes, prayers and thoughts....

Have a great day and stay warm..

So glad your gallbladder surgery is complete. yes, use the pain meds. it is better to control the pain than to let it get away on you. It won't be long before you are comfortable again.

Best wishes,

Ralph

Thank you Ralph....

I can say I did not even want to get up in recovery and walk for quiet a while.. I rested and slept for several hours this time.

I did attempt the recovery room escape this time...

Thank you Ralph....

I can say I did not even want to get up in recovery and walk for quiet a while.. I rested and slept for several hours this time.

I did attempt the recovery room escape this time...

OK I will bite.

What is the recovery room escape?

????

Hi StinkerBelle. I'm so happy to hear you're through with that gallbladder and resting well after the surgery. The hospital gave me a blanket like the gown you are talking about and later in my room the added a mattress pad like that too, sort of a sleep number heated pad. They were wonderfully fluffy warm. I'm glad you are so wise to listen to your body and pamper it now, it has been through two major surgical ordeals as well as dis-ease and healing. Just take your time and indulge your body in some healthy TLC. I know you will do the right thing for yourself. Ttyl, kt

OK I will bite.

What is the recovery room escape?

????

LOL, immediately after my RNY,I was in recovery for maybe no more than 10 minutes I was up and going for a walk, LOL...

I was hell bent on going for a walk, LOL. They had to call my husband back in order to get me back in the bed, LOL..

I am now known as the "escape Artist" LOL...

Hi StinkerBelle. I'm so happy to hear you're through with that gallbladder and resting well after the surgery. The hospital gave me a blanket like the gown you are talking about and later in my room the added a mattress pad like that too, sort of a sleep number heated pad. They were wonderfully fluffy warm. I'm glad you are so wise to listen to your body and pamper it now, it has been through two major surgical ordeals as well as dis-ease and healing. Just take your time and indulge your body in some healthy TLC. I know you will do the right thing for yourself. Ttyl, kt

Ohh I am sleeping a lot. I told my hubby that the best 15.00 investment we made was in the fleece lap blankies. We purchased like 5 of those buggers and they are so cozy and comfortable. I was in my recliner earlier with a pillow over my belly and 2 of the fleece blankies covering me. I was as snug as a bug in my blankies. I had the pillow over my belly to protect it fro our psycho=pug baby, LOL.. He gets the zoomies and decides it is a blast to jump on whoever is sitting in the recliner and run over them.

Now if my family (my mom, adult kids, and some co-workers) would leave me alone for more than 5 minutes it would be perfect. For some reason my bad gallbladder is interfering with other peoples activities and life.. Like I arranged this to happen just to upset people, LOL... OH well selfish is as selfish does, LOL

I can tell I am going to be rather out of the loop for at least a week with this one...

Hubby and I are going for a drive today just to get out of the house and get some fresh air..

hope all is resolving with your gall bladder. in my pre-op my gall bladder shows full of stones and healthy. my surg. will remove gall bladder when I do rny. my daughter doesn't want me to remove. she feels having hers out due to stone blockages not good for her overall health. I don't want another, avoidable surg later, however.

Hope your feeling better now everything is settling down. I loved those bear paw robe thingies too, although it does kind of feel like your in a balloon that blowing up lol.

I am doing much better now. I still have to be careful not to overdo it physically otherwise the top incision will hurt like the dickens for a bit....

I am going though and that's a great thing... :)

I hope everyone here knows how much I appreciate all of you and your support, :).... ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Back