• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My surgery is August 6

asgcpa

:D

Looking forward to it.....but wondering how the first few weeks will be. I started...burp....the liguid meal replacements today full time. Tastes ok going down but I feel bloated....burp...

Try some other brands of protien shakes, I gave you a link in one of your other posts, the on line store that sponsors the forum also has other protien meal replacement drinks. :cool: Tom

ASGCPA-You may be experiencing some lactose intolerance. Try taking lactase immediately before you drink your protein supplement. I get the generic brands at Costco or WalMart.

Hi, my surgery is on the 6th also :). I started my liquid diet on Monday and have stuck to it, but it has been a struggle at times. My mom came to stay with us last night to help out after I had a procedure done. To help her out I threw together a meatloaf to just stick in the oven for dinner and I had to talk mysef out of sneaking "just a little taste", lol. I ended up sipping a little broth and found that surprisingly,it curbed that craving quite a bit. Are you adjusting to the liquids pretty well? I don't care much for the broth so I've been having shakes mostly. Good luck on Monday, hope all goes well for you. Take care.
-Jenny

Way to go Jenny. I know how difficult the liquid diet was, it was a daily struggle for me, especially when everyone around me was eating food:( Hang in there your doing a stellar job. :cool: Tom

Back