• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My surgery is scheduled for March 28th. Anyone else?

I start my liquid diet on Tuesday the 21st. Is there anything I should really expect other than just feeling hungry with it since I won't be taking in actual food. I mean I love the shakes so their no problem. I'm just concerned that I'm going to fail. I'm really looking for to the surgery. I'm just a little nervous and anxious.

I start my liquid diet on Tuesday the 21st. Is there anything I should really expect other than just feeling hungry with it since I won't be taking in actual food. I mean I love the shakes so their no problem. I'm just concerned that I'm going to fail. I'm really looking for to the surgery. I'm just a little nervous and anxious.
I know how you are feeling... The first week I was good on the diet but as more time went the less I was wanting to continue, I would kill for anything... I kept my self busy with walking and ate sugar free popsicles it helped with the whole process... Just keep telling your self why your doing it and it will go by faster then you think.... Try to not dwell on the fact your not eating like everyone else... My family helped with keeping me motivated when I needed it...

I started my liquid diet today and I was doing really good and not feeling hungry until I had to make dinner for my family and the smell of it got to me but I held my head high and was just like you got this. And got my family fed and walked away.

I know how you are feeling... The first week I was good on the diet but as more time went the less I was wanting to continue, I would kill for anything... I kept my self busy with walking and ate sugar free popsicles it helped with the whole process... Just keep telling your self why your doing it and it will go by faster then you think.... Try to not dwell on the fact your not eating like everyone else... My family helped with keeping me motivated when I needed it...

I started my liquid diet and Im doing really good. The only thing that got to me was when I had to cook dinner for my family. But I got them fed and then walked away and kept my head up telling myself you can do this.

The way my Dr has it, I started my preop diet today. 2 shakes and one high protein low carb meal, next week is 4 protein shakes a day. All the suger free jello popcicles and broth I want, 24 hours before surgery clear liquid only. Am excited

My bypass is scheduled March 27. I've been doing my 2 week diet and it's been agonizing, the shakes are not doing enough for me, so I've been cheating. My Pre-op is March 23 and I'm afraid of what there gonna say.

Back