• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My surgery was this past Monday.

fbwash

I had the bariatric sleeve done and everything went well. I was sent home on Tuesday at 6 pm and just healing up. I've had to take some Vicodin for pain but overall the shakes that I've been sinking have been staying down. This journey started last June with me being rushed into this ER by my girlfriend (who subsequently also had the gastric sleeve done in March) to this moment as I lie here healing.
I'm so glad the build up of the surgery is over and I can now truly move forward on my transformation.
I know my introduction is a little long winded but I felt it necessary to lay out a little bit about myself :)

I had the bariatric sleeve done and everything went well. I was sent home on Tuesday at 6 pm and just healing up. I've had to take some Vicodin for pain but overall the shakes that I've been sinking have been staying down. This journey started last June with me being rushed into this ER by my girlfriend (who subsequently also had the gastric sleeve done in March) to this moment as I lie here healing.
I'm so glad the build up of the surgery is over and I can now truly move forward on my transformation.
I know my introduction is a little long winded but I felt it necessary to lay out a little bit about myself :)

Hi!!! WELCOME to the Forum!!!

Glad your surgery is behind you and you are on your way to a thinner healthier you!

Don't over stretch your new tiny tummy, just remember it is approximately 2oz now so just a little bit fills you up as full as if you ate Thanksgiving dinner. The weight will drop off fast especially in guys and you will be thin before you know it!

Good Luck, keep up the good work!

Cheyenne :cool:

Hi!!! WELCOME to the Forum!!!

Glad your surgery is behind you and you are on your way to a thinner healthier you!

Don't over stretch your new tiny tummy, just remember it is approximately 2oz now so just a little bit fills you up as full as if you ate Thanksgiving dinner. The weight will drop off fast especially in guys and you will be thin before you know it!

Good Luck, keep up the good work!

Cheyenne :cool:

Hey Cheyenne, thanks for the welcome and I'm healing good. I actually had the Gastric Sleeve done which is different than the bypass. The research says that I could possibly hold 10 - 15 oz in my stomach : http://www.laparoscopic.md/sleeve/what-digestive-changes-occur-after-gastric-sleeve-surgery But a lot of folks who've had this procedure suggest that 4oz is the ideal mark. Definitely don't want to push it lol

Definitely stay to 2 oz for the beginning. You want to wait as long as possible before stretching your new tummy. I too had the sleeve and my dr said that my meal should fit in the size of a tuna can. And this is at 4 mos out

Definitely stay to 2 oz for the beginning. You want to wait as long as possible before stretching your new tummy. I too had the sleeve and my dr said that my meal should fit in the size of a tuna can. And this is at 4 mos out

I totally agree and I've been drinking shakes since March. Me and my girlfriend both decided to get the sleeve done. She had it done in March, So I adjusted my nutritional intake to match hers a little but I was still taking in the necessary calories pre-op. It worked well and I came into the day of operation 50lbs lesser

Back