• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My VSG is Sept. 18!! and a question?

RedMama

I have 4 more days till my surgery! I've lost 17 pounds so far on my pre-op diet. I'm feeling better and have more energy. Can't wait!
I do have one question: I have been fighting this upper respiratory cold for over 2 weeks. It's getting better but not gone. Will they still do surgery if I'm still a bit sick? There's no infection but there's still a lingering cough and stuffy nose.:confused:

I have 4 more days till my surgery! I've lost 17 pounds so far on my pre-op diet. I'm feeling better and have more energy. Can't wait!
I do have one question: I have been fighting this upper respiratory cold for over 2 weeks. It's getting better but not gone. Will they still do surgery if I'm still a bit sick? There's no infection but there's still a lingering cough and stuffy nose.:confused:

Talk to your Doctor. I personally would NOT proceed if I still have that cold. It isn't worth it.

So, talk to your Doctor and see what they have to say. Perhaps, some meds could dry it up real quick for you.

Or better to postpone for another time.

This is nothing to rush into.

You want total success so you want to have all systems in ideal shape as you proceed.

My opinion.

Ralph

I am with Ralph on talking to your surgeon about the lingering respiratory mess.

Better to be safe than sorry.....

Have you considered taking some homeopathic remedies such as Oscillococcinum: http://www.ritecare.com/homeopathic/guide_oscillococcinum.asp

My husband brought home the lovely respiratory virus that has been running rampant.. He and I both started taking Zicam and Oscillococcinum as soon as he started with symptoms.. Knock on wood I have not shown any symptoms, his symptoms lasted less than a week while his co-workers were sick for almost 15 days...

Back