• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

nausea after 2 months?

Terryb

Right after the gastric bypass I had no nausea, lately having it a lot. I take my nausea meds, it helps for awhile. Just wondering why now? I also experiencing hot and cold sweats at the same time.

Last edited:
I'd give your bariatric team a call about the nausea and other symptoms. Have you added any foods or drinks in to your diet in the last couple weeks? Maybe try to exclude foods you've added to see if that makes a difference. Either way, I'd call in and let them know what's going on, to be on the safe side.

I am one month out from RNY - only had nausea this past week - came out of nowhere in the middle of grocery shopping
I had to leave the store...I called my nutritionist, she said only take meds with meals and that really helped - but hard to do with food in your pouch
she also said up my fluids which as you know is hard to do when you feel full all the time
she also told me eating too fast can make you nausea's - which might have been - it's hard to chew soft foods 30 times
plus when we went over my meds and vitamins item by item we found I was taking one too many iron pills which I stopped that day
so far I have been 6 days with no nausea - I think having my vitamins later in the day with my meal is what changed for me
hope this helps

Back