• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

nausea

DiziBrat2

hi I'm new here but I'm really needing some insight.. today it has been 2 weeks since my sleeve surgery, does the nausea ever go away!! I'm still taking the nausea pills sometimes two at a time and occasionally I get pains in my stomach I definitely don't ever want to move when the pains come but it's been four times that that's happened since coming home and trust me I have a high tolerance of pain but this just makes me feel so sick.... is that still normal 2 weeks after to be really nauseated? and I'm having this weird craving for like medium rare steak and even before my surgery I never ate that I ate very little meat the only time I could ever remember me craving something like that was when I was pregnant and I was iron deficient.. so maybe my vitamins are low?? but my doctor said not to worry about vitamins until a month after or at least until I can start having something other than clear liquids I just don't know what I should do or if this is normal and I'm just being a big baby who knows LOL... but any kind of insight will be greatly appreciated thanks!!

Maybe the craving is coming about because you are on the first or second stage of post-surgery eating and what the body can't have sometimes the mind wants? I don't know, but just throwing that out there.

I am sorry you are having the nausea and I really can't speak from experience on that one but I know there are many here who have. I hope you feel better soon.

Some people are nauseated well into the solid food phase. You're body just went through a huge change and adjusts in different ways, both pain and nausea are normal, but always let your doctor know about everything going on with you. Try some beef bone broth, if you can tolerate it. It has iron and might satisfy your craving for steak. I mean .. as well as it can in liquid form lol

Back