• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Need encouragemenr

Absolutely agree, nervous & excited feelings are part of pre-surgery jitters. By this tomorrow you'll be up, walking around, starting your new life as part of the "loser's club!" No regrets is the consensus & motto of most of this group. Best of luck. And congrats to you bcuellar for getting through & making it to the other side.

Last edited:
It is never a spontaneous/impulsive decision. It is truly a quest. There are many steps along the way. Follow the pros and cons. Assess your support from those important to you. I am blessed that I have good support not only here but with family and friends. Always remember your care team they are your biggest source of answers. May your journey be successful.

Well, by now you've probably had your surgery, so I'll skip the advice about nerves. Once you're out, do everything the staff tells you to do; sip, sip, sip, walk, walk, walk. You will be feeling better in a few days and are now officially on the path to change your life.
As with any journey, there will be bumps in the road but your destination (a new you!) awaits. Good luck.

Back