• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

need help and some one i can talk to

when you have become accustomed to beig a large person it is hard to realize you aren't anymore. If you have any fatr clothes get rid of them, buy some clothes that fit you at this weight just acouple of things and when youdrop that weight do it again until you get to your goal then think about a wardrobe. aft 81/2 yer I sm trying to lose a 50 lb weight gin and it is slow. The one thing tolearn right now is that about 5 years out your body gets accustyomed to carbs again so be smart and always eat the right amount of the right things. You may be fortunate enough so yo can eat a bite of something later down the line after yoyu nhave achieved your goal wt. I keep a picture before and after my surgery on my fridgee and I take a look in the mirror and realize that if I successfully lost a 120 lbs I can get to 160...my ideal weight that is 40 lbs from now. Just keep things aroumnd you in perspective. Have someone take a picture of you after you lose another 15 lbs and put it on your fridge. I think I'll always feel likeI did at 262 and the evidence is their for me to see I am not good luck and write------patti

checking in

Hi everyone. I am trying so hard to do the right things pre-op, but sometimes it's so hard. Last night I ate a tiny dinner, and a few hours later, I was starving, so I made a protein drink. I only used water, so I didn't have the extra calories. Today I am trying to be good, and since I am hungry I decided on another protein drink. I have some friends give me some samples so that I can see what I like now, and not be trying to find ones that I can drink later. Did any of you have problems getting in all your protein and what worked best for you??:confused:

Hi everyone. I am trying so hard to do the right things pre-op, but sometimes it's so hard. Last night I ate a tiny dinner, and a few hours later, I was starving, so I made a protein drink. I only used water, so I didn't have the extra calories. Today I am trying to be good, and since I am hungry I decided on another protein drink. I have some friends give me some samples so that I can see what I like now, and not be trying to find ones that I can drink later. Did any of you have problems getting in all your protein and what worked best for you??:confused:

Nana-Just in case you are wondering it's not an even comparison if you are trying to determine how hungry you feel now when you cut back on calories and how hungry you will feel after your surgery. You probably won't have much of an appetite after surgery, especially in the beginning. For the first few days after surgery you will be in the clear liquid phase of your meal plan and will probably turn your nose up to whatever is on your list of acceptable foods. There will be no proteins at this point. It's important to still get in enough fluids during this phase. Just take small sips of fluids throughout the day and you will reach your goal. The next phase will allow you to add protein drinks and a few more things to your meal plan. You may or may not have problems getting in enough proteins but since the protein shakes count towards you fluid intake as well it's a good way to get both at the same time. Just sip the protein shakes slowly throughout the day and you should be OK. Focus on the protein drinks instead of the other things so that you reach your goal of proteins. It is important to get your protein from here on out. Try different brands until you find a couple of favorites for variety.

Thanks Pat. I knew about the liquid phase, as I have been going over everything I can find on my surgeon's website.

Back