• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Need help to locate Post Bariatric Surgery Support Group

honestguy

Greetings:
This is my first posting.
I moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to North Port Florida. I had Gastric Bypass Surgery four (4) years ago in a large university teaching hospital in Philadelphia. I now live in North Port Florida, Zip Code 34286. North Port is located in Sarasota County and closely bound to Charlotte County. The closest support group that I could find is more than sixty (60) miles away from my home. I would sincerely appreciate members of this forum who have knowledge of any support groups closer to North Port (I need this support desperately to stay focused on my continued recovery). I absolutely will provide any assistance that I may provide to support your weight loss efforts.
Thank you for your efforts to help me.
Best wishes for your happiness and health.
Kind regards,
Ed (Honestguy) :cool:

Hi Ed, Welcome. I am in California and find this forum a great place for support when I can't make it into one of my regular support group meetings, so until you find a local suport group come visit on here and try to make it to the one near you when you can, one of my groups is 45 miles away but it is always well worth the trip. I am sure you can offer some good advice here and we would all love to hear some of your successes and pitfals. :cool: Tom

Ed-Welcome to the forum. When did you have your surgery? You will find a lot of support and understanding in this forum so don't be shy about asking questions. I personally would like to know more about your weight loss journey if you care to share it with the forum.

I just looked it up- Peace River Regional Medical Center in Port Charlotte has a Bariatric Surgery Program and should have some support groups going. They are the closest to you.

Carol

Greetings:
This is my first posting.
I moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to North Port Florida. I had Gastric Bypass Surgery four (4) years ago in a large university teaching hospital in Philadelphia. I now live in North Port Florida, Zip Code 34286. North Port is located in Sarasota County and closely bound to Charlotte County. The closest support group that I could find is more than sixty (60) miles away from my home. I would sincerely appreciate members of this forum who have knowledge of any support groups closer to North Port (I need this support desperately to stay focused on my continued recovery). I absolutely will provide any assistance that I may provide to support your weight loss efforts.
Thank you for your efforts to help me.
Best wishes for your happiness and health.
Kind regards,
Ed (Honestguy) :cool:
This is my first time on this forum and I see that you are looking for a support group. I live near Sarasota I moved here 3 years ago from Pittsburgh, PA. I just had my surgery on Monday March 11th :) I have to ravel 46 miles to a support gorup run by Brandon Hospital in Brandon, FL. There is a meeting coming up towards the end of this month. meetins start at 6pm. I hope this helps

I live near sarasota and I will check myself to see if Peace river is closer to me to. thank you for the information I just had my bypass done on Monday March 11th and having a really hard time getting protein in, do you have any suggestions? thank you Cheryl

Hello! We just started a new bariatric program at Venice Regional Medical center. I am the Bariatric Program Coordinator, and our first Support Group meets on Monday December 2 from 6-7 pm. (5-6 pm there will be an educational seminar) and then every 1st Monday of the Month thereafter. Our first Saturday support group will be on Dec. 21 from 10-12. Hope to see you all there!
My office line is 941-483-7558. Please call me with ANY questions or concerns.
Gina

Back