• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Need some encouragement

Hello, I'm still kicking, my weight is now at a stand still, but I'm not giving up I'm so close to my goal, I weigh 150 now, big change from 280, feeling great, and looking for some things that will be fun that I couldn't do before. I am working two jobs now so I don't have alot of down time which is probably a good thing for me, I tend to snack if I sit at home, that s probably why I'm at a stand still, I really do need you all for support, sometimes we think we can do it alone but that is not the case for me, I am going to have to find the time to get back on here
Woot woot! It's good to read somethin from you. I appreciate you taking the time out. I still have 97 pounds to lose but ya know once I lose it I'm shakin the spot (leaving that behind). I wouldn't want it to find me again either. Listen to me talying about fat like it's sentient all its own. Seems like it. The stubborn expletive! Two jobs? Wow. Are they sit down jobs or are you always on your feet? Sitting here contemplating whether I miss work or not....not. again it's good to read somethin from you. Dont work too hard. They don't pay you enough for all that.

Thank you for a good laugh. Made me remember when I did lose my shorts in public. That isn’t happening again. Now I’m diligent about keeping clothes that actually fit in my dresser and my closet. Goodwill, Walmart and Burlington have become my friends. I’m now in a size 16. Down from a 28. I’ll take those non scale victories. The support on here is great. I’m so glad I found this group. The local group I can go to only meets once a month that fits into my schedule. It also was a big competition to see who had lost the most weight. Not something that does anything for me. My doc has told me that my 4 psych drugs are slowing down my progress, but is happy that I continue to lose. As I was telling a friend, I have 60# to go to get to my goal weight, but if I can maintain from where I am now I will be happy. My biggest fear is gaining the 130# I’ve lost. Hopefully fear will be the biggest motivator. I’m still trying to get to goal though.
Fat is a spooky thing to attach itself to us. I am terrified it will cause more health issues if I don't lose it. Every thing I've been diagnosed with can end my existence. So yes, fear is a good motivator. (Music) we are the champions, of the world!

Hello, I'm still kicking, my weight is now at a stand still, but I'm not giving up I'm so close to my goal, I weigh 150 now, big change from 280, feeling great, and looking for some things that will be fun that I couldn't do before. I am working two jobs now so I don't have alot of down time which is probably a good thing for me, I tend to snack if I sit at home, that s probably why I'm at a stand still, I really do need you all for support, sometimes we think we can do it alone but that is not the case for me, I am going to have to find the time to get back on here
Wow. 150! You are doing awesome my friend. Positive about being at a standstill. You know you can maintain your weightloss. I’ve missed you around here, but I knew you were busy so I wasn’t worried.

Woot woot! It's good to read somethin from you. I appreciate you taking the time out. I still have 97 pounds to lose but ya know once I lose it I'm shakin the spot (leaving that behind). I wouldn't want it to find me again either. Listen to me talying about fat like it's sentient all its own. Seems like it. The stubborn expletive! Two jobs? Wow. Are they sit down jobs or are you always on your feet? Sitting here contemplating whether I miss work or not....not. again it's good to read somethin from you. Dont work too hard. They don't pay you enough for all that.
I work in a school as a paraprofessional (teacher's aide), in a MDS class I try not to sit down, and then 3 to 4 days a week I work in the evening I work for a company that deals with adults with disabilities, so I get to hang out with them, take them shopping or anywhere else the want to go, I don't let them sit down either lol, I also started bowling again one night a week and play darts another night, busy busy busy

Wow. 150! You are doing awesome my friend. Positive about being at a standstill. You know you can maintain your weightloss. I’ve missed you around here, but I knew you were busy so I wasn’t worried.
I miss talking to you as well, our exercise post never did catch on to the rest of our followers lol, but it did help me , we need to stay in touch

Yay your back! I was hoping you were just on vacation :p Congrats on the 150! It is encouraging to hear that both you and Christine are still working towards goal even after losing so much already, it is awesome. I hope this happens for you both! I think I hit another plateau but it is kind of my fault. I struggle with protein intake on my days off with my hours flipping on me and the busy schedule I maintain. My goal is to figure that out eventually! :D

AT this stage of the game food is really not the enemy. But my emotional relationship with food is. My cravings are tempting but I have had bariatric surgery twice. When I crave something I shouldn't eat i run my hand over the scars on my stomach and realize that I have to stay on course. I remind myself everyday a chocolate bar is just a chocolate bar and I dont have to eat it. I try to be happy with a taste. I try not to see my eating in a negative way. Its that negativity that gets me binging again. So I allow myself a taste of something and still record it in my diary. Celebrate where you have come from, don't dwell on the "bad" food days. Change your thinking to allowing craving foods for a while then returning to your daily program. Try not to give food a positive or negative thought. Its our behavior and thinking we need to focus on. Stay in the positive area and give yourself kudos for maintaining your weight and not gaining.

AT this stage of the game food is really not the enemy. But my emotional relationship with food is. My cravings are tempting but I have had bariatric surgery twice. When I crave something I shouldn't eat i run my hand over the scars on my stomach and realize that I have to stay on course. I remind myself everyday a chocolate bar is just a chocolate bar and I dont have to eat it. I try to be happy with a taste. I try not to see my eating in a negative way. Its that negativity that gets me binging again. So I allow myself a taste of something and still record it in my diary. Celebrate where you have come from, don't dwell on the "bad" food days. Change your thinking to allowing craving foods for a while then returning to your daily program. Try not to give food a positive or negative thought. Its our behavior and thinking we need to focus on. Stay in the positive area and give yourself kudos for maintaining your weight and not gaining.
Well spoken, now if I could remember that when the cravings hit, I do give in sometimes and then I feel guilty, but I'm not giving up

Yay your back! I was hoping you were just on vacation :p Congrats on the 150! It is encouraging to hear that both you and Christine are still working towards goal even after losing so much already, it is awesome. I hope this happens for you both! I think I hit another plateau but it is kind of my fault. I struggle with protein intake on my days off with my hours flipping on me and the busy schedule I maintain. My goal is to figure that out eventually! :D
Plateaus suck! I hate that any little thing can put you in one. I hope you get out of your’s soon.

You ladies are amazing. I’m very glad I found this site. Your encouragement of each other gives me hope. I’m 5 days post op and can honestly say I have had the “did I do the right thing” thought at least once a day so far. Reading your posts let’s me know it will get better and will be worth it.

You ladies are amazing. I’m very glad I found this site. Your encouragement of each other gives me hope. I’m 5 days post op and can honestly say I have had the “did I do the right thing” thought at least once a day so far. Reading your posts let’s me know it will get better and will be worth it.
I remember that feeling, I was sitting at home unable to eat, wondering why I would put myself through all of this, but it will pass and you will be so glad you did it, congratulations on your choice, you won't be sorry about it someday soon

It is hard in the beginning, but it does get easier, I promise. Plus, you have all of us to help you through the tough times!

I keep telling myself not everyone gets the hang of it the first week and to stay positive. Glad I found this site for words of wisdom and encouragement. Thanks ladies!

I read about that but thought since I’ve never had depression I won’t struggle. I think I may need to start doing daily affirmations for awhile. Lol.
I like the idea of daily affirmations! Unfortunately, depression can hit anyone, but hopefully you will be able to steer clear. A good support system helps a lot. This place is great as everyone understands what you are going through.

I like the idea of daily affirmations! Unfortunately, depression can hit anyone, but hopefully you will be able to steer clear. A good support system helps a lot. This place is great as everyone understands what you are going through.
I have awesome support at home. My son is trying to keep me focused and my mom checks in daily. This site will probably be the best platform. Very nice to message with people who understand for sure.

Back