• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Needing help with required contacts!

Bev.Forbes83

Hello all, My name is Beverly and I'm going to be having the Sleeve Gastrectomy surgery. I need required 10 contacts and responses in order to complete my assessment. I am curious as to if you could possibly give me some feedback on the surgery.

1. How well did surgery go?
2. How do you feel now?
3. Have you seen a difference in weight decrease or increase?
4. Were you on any medications before surgery that you were able to dispose of since you had the surgery?
5. Were there any complications during or after surgery?
6. How was your healing time?
7. Did you have any side effects from the surgery?
8. What kind of positive feedback do you have to say about the surgery?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback. I'm looking forward to hearing any responses as well as going through with this surgery.

Thank you so much for any responces.
Beverly

Last edited:
Hello all, My name is Beverly and I'm going to be having the Sleeve Gastrectomy surgery. I need required 10 contacts and responses in order to complete my assessment. I am curious as to if you could possibly give me some feedback on the surgery.

1. How well did surgery go?
Mine was without a problem. I was in and out so fast.
2. How do you feel now?
I feel great there is noting like getting paroled from the obesity prison
3. Have you seen a difference in weight decrease or increase?
I have lost 99 lbs since starting the program in February
4. Were you on any medications before surgery that you were able to dispose of since you had the surgery?
I was not on meds but was on the brink of a knee replacement (no pains now that the weight is declining)
5. Were there any complications during or after surgery?
No complications at all. I went in had surgery and was up and walking two hours after surgery.
6. How was your healing time?
7. Did you have any side effects from the surgery?
8. What kind of positive feedback do you have to say about the surgery?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback. I'm looking forward to hearing any responses as well as going through with this surgery.

Thank you so much for any responses.
Beverly

I hope this helped. The surgery is not for everyone You have to work the program. There is no easy way out the exercise and watching what you eat is still a big issue. I hit a month long plateau only to find out I need to stop eating walnut, cashews, almonds and other high calorie nuts.

1. I had some funny anatomy so my first attempt at surgery was an exploratory and the second a sleeve. The were two weeks apart and while I would not wish two recoveries on anyone, I have no regrets. If any one wants more details I can give them, but I can say that by the second time I knew what worked for me and what didn't.
2. I feel better than I can remember any time in my life. I swear I have twice as much energy, my feet don't hurt, I can wear pretty clothes and shoes, amazing comes to mind.
3. I have lost 90 some pounds, I have 34 to go.
4. I was on constant pain medications for arthritis and two kinds of insulin. Now I just take an oral diabetes medication.
5. I mentioned the first complication. The only other thing was one of the incisions got a little inflamed and had some drainage, no big deal.
6. I went back to work, reduced days after two weeks. I couldn't do quite everything but I did pretty well. For the first month I was pretty tired by the end of the day but I did well.
7. I burp more than I used to and am very happy I did it.
8. The surgery is not a cure all. You don't undo 35++ years of bad eating habits and emotional eating over night. I still have bad moments. I don't loose every week, but I am over the moon that I had the surgery and am so thankful I did it.

Best of luck, wishing you much success.

This post is from a couple weeks ago. Do you still need feedback? Also I had the gastric bypass not the sleeve. Does that make a difference?

Back