• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Nervous about doctor telling me he cant do surgery

Hi my name is Michelle and I am scheduled for sleeve surgery febuary 23rd. I just did my pre op blood work yesterday and got the results late last night on my portal. It's concerning because my iron is low and I'm worried I'm going to get a phone call saying that he won't do surgery until my iron is fixed. I also have been having more severe pain since I have been on the pre op diet of protien shakes and water. If your wondering yes I'm getting in enough water and I'm not dehydrated. I'm sure hopeful that I will have surgery still because I would hate to have done all this prep for nothing. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed.

So like in September I had a blood test from them and my iron was low then, the doctor prescribed me iron to take for a month. After the month was up I called and asked if I should continue taking more and the nurse said no there was no need to, but if I wanted I could follow up with my primary doctor. Which I didn't do. Also now my husband has seemed to have found two like ruptured boils inbetween my legs by my privates, so I am probably having to go to the er and get put on antibiotics for it because I am a diabetic ( was just found this afternoon after my shower) so now I am more concerned he won't perform the operation.

Hello Michelle,

I hope your surgery went smoothly despite your concerns about your iron levels. It's great that you were proactive about monitoring your health. If you're still experiencing any discomfort or have concerns about your recovery, it's important to discuss these with your doctor.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hang in there; we all worry about pre-dieting and avoiding surgery, even though I was so scared, I want to be over. soon you will be in the other side dealing with other worries, like me, as I am a worry worms...one day at time

Back