• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New and Lost

Taat

Hi my name is Taat and I just had my sleeve done Febuary 15, 2017 and I'm having trouble with my food hurting me after I eat, and also I think I am eating the wrong foods. I feel completely lost

Hi my name is Taat and I just had my sleeve done Febuary 15, 2017 and I'm having trouble with my food hurting me after I eat, and also I think I am eating the wrong foods. I feel completely lost
Hello I had the bypass done on the 14th.... There are a couple reasons I had some pain after eating, I ate to fast should take a bout 30 min to eat, didn't chew enough, or just ate to much... As far as the food you eat look for low carb and high protein... Chicken is good baked if hard for me, but canned works well and Chicken Adobu is great.... but i dont tolerate baked well or I just ate to fast and didn't chew as well as I thought. All noodles are high carb, wheat is better... As far as eating bread make sure it is toasted.... I hope you find some of this helpful. we are here to help and be positive...

Hello I had the bypass done on the 14th.... There are a couple reasons I had some pain after eating, I ate to fast should take a bout 30 min to eat, didn't chew enough, or just ate to much... As far as the food you eat look for low carb and high protein... Chicken is good baked if hard for me, but canned works well and Chicken Adobu is great.... but i dont tolerate baked well or I just ate to fast and didn't chew as well as I thought. All noodles are high carb, wheat is better... As far as eating bread make sure it is toasted.... I hope you find some of this helpful. we are here to help and be positive...
Thank you so much. I'm finishing my third week and adding different foods in to my diet and they are not agreeing with me. I tried potato salad because it is soft but I hurt all night. Thank you again. You were very helpful.

Thank you so much. I'm finishing my third week and adding different foods in to my diet and they are not agreeing with me. I tried potato salad because it is soft but I hurt all night. Thank you again. You were very helpful.
I was told to introduce foods one at a time so that if you have issues, you know which food it is. Also, I was told not to have bread products, but did. I was miserable for a couple of hours. Like Keith said, chewing well is so very important. I can tell if I haven't. I cut my meats into very very small pieces so that they are easier to eat. Hope you get to feeling better.

I didn't realize that we could eat bread this early in the process? I have been craving marmite on toast (I know my American friends think I am crazy for the interest in marmite lol). I have had chicken adobo and that worked really well for me. My first attempt at chicken wasn't successful.

I try to avoid processed carbs, I have been using zucchini as my noodles, who knew it is good. I have a spirlizer and only used it once for potatoes back in the day, but now zucchini has taken its place, and I always get my protein in, with an egg and yogurt and fruit smoothie for breakfast, a shake for lunch and a some sort of protein and veggies for supper

I didn't realize that we could eat bread this early in the process? I have been craving marmite on toast (I know my American friends think I am crazy for the interest in marmite lol). I have had chicken adobo and that worked really well for me. My first attempt at chicken wasn't successful.
Before you try bread, ask your doctor. Each one is different in their requirements/recommendations. I am never allowed to have bread again. Tried some and I was miserable.

Yes talk with your doc... Everyone is different... I have been told I can have toasted bread...I don't eat alot of it but it is nice once in a while... only one piece though. I can also have egg noodles (no yolk) But I am not tolerating any type of pasta which is ok by me really they are all carbs, But my wife is 1/2 Italian and 1/2 filippino so pasta is a well liked item... But so is chicken... Best of both worlds... I have tried a few type of Pasta and It all seems to be a no go at this point.... maybe later......

Back