• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New-bee

Lfreda

Hi all! So glad I found this site. I'm in the middle portion of the process. Will complete a 2-day stress test this coming Monday-Tuesday. After my last D/E class on 9-20-16 they will submit my insurance. I will be getting gastric sleeve due to so many other abdominal surgeries over the years. I'm just looking forward to having the process behind me and getting on with a new life/lifestyle. My only regret is that I am so late in the game, being 61 yrs old. Perhaps the last 10, 15, or 20 years of my life will be a healthy lifestyle and a prolonged life.

Hello Lfreda, and welcome to the American Bariatrics forum! Congratulations on starting your journey towards a healthier lifestyle!! I'm sure you will find the advice and information on this site to be very helpful along your journey. Please keep us updated on your progress and remember, YOU CAN DO THIS! :)

Hi Lfreda,

I had my Gastric Bypass laparoscopic procedure done at 64 yrs of age. I have done really well and would do it over in a heartbeat.

Good Luck!

Cheyenne

Back